Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

COLD WEATHER BOOTS

Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default COLD WEATHER BOOTS

HEY GUYS,

I WAS WONDERING WHAT COLD WEATHER LEATHER BOOTS YOU GUYS PREFER. I AM LOOKING AT 1000 GRAM DANNER, BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT U GUYS THINK. PRICE IS NO MATTER, BUT I PREFER WARMTH FOR EXTREME COLD AND SOMETHING NOT TOO HEAVY...

THANKS IN ADVANCE

K
Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COLD WEATHER BOOTS

It depends on what "cold" weather means to you. Here in WI, For deer season, The La Crosse, Sorel, or equivalent,boots with the felt liners are pretty much the standard for warm boots. At night we can remove the liners and make sure they are dry for the next day.Those xxxx gram thinsulate boots are ok if you move alot. But, for all day warmth on a stand, thinsulate don't cut it here.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

The best leather boot I've ever worn is the chippewa arctic 50. This is the fifth year for my current pair. I have never gotten cold feet with them and they seem to last for years. My Dad still wears a pair that are 15 years old.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:52 PM

Warm feet that hurt are no good

So the Danners are probly your best choice with good wick dry type socks.

I have Danners and Sorrell's.....both very good boots!

early
Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 AM

Lacrosse Guide boots
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 AM

The Danner's are hard to beat, but it really depends on what type of hunting and how cold its going to be.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iwear Danner Canadians the most, great tread, comfortable, neverhad a weepy issueand light. When it'sreally cold and Iwill sitting Schnee Extreme Pack Boots are what I wear now. Use to have sorels which were good but the schnees have proved better and due to the laces offer more support for walking.

In both boots I wear a polyproplene sock liner and varying weights of wool socks(depending on the temp and form of hunting). I loosen my laces off when I sit. Make sure you have wiggle room with the heaviest sock you may wear as tight botts will = cold feet very quickly. Another tip is get the soles of your feet of the frozen ground or treestand base if applicable, when sitting. A piece of carpet works well.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

high end Danners and Rocky's are great and among the best if you have to walk/hike any long distance ....but keep in mind that a cheaper pair of boots with the right pair of socks will do the trick as well if you dont have to hike far
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

My feet get cold fairly quick when I'm on a stand, which is the way I like to hunt. Sorels seemed to be about the best boot I could find to perform decently, and I would buy new liners about every other year. I haven't been able to get liners for them anymore, so I had to stop wearing them.
I got a pair of Danner 1200g. Thinsulate w/Goretex and find they do an admirable job. Like was already stated, they all work best if you can keep your feet off the cold, frozen ground.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 AM

You could also take a look in an Army surplus store for the newer version of the bunny boots. The new version is black and smaller in size that the white originals, but keep your feet nice and warm in very cold weather. Just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: COLD WEATHER BOOTS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.