Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Any use www.huntflix.com?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Spike

Default Any use www.huntflix.com?

Anyone use www.huntflix.com? Was considering signing up - on the plus side it looks like they have a lot of educational "how to" dvd's - Downside is it's at least $15 a month.

Anyone have a comparison of huntflix to www.netflix.com? It looks like netflix.com is cheaper, but no idea if they have as many hunting how to dvd's or not.

Thanks!!

[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Any use www.huntflix.com?

Im a member of both, I only Use Netflix for the familys use they may have 20 Hunting Dvds and I seen 10 of them and didnt care for them.
HuntFlix is more costly but better Choice and alot slower I get Nextflixs 24 hrs once mailed 3-5 days for huntflix
Old 01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Spike

Thanks, NCtrucker. That's just the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Good to know netflix has 70,000 titles but only 10 hunting titles. That crosses out that option right there!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 AM

I saw this thread regarding HuntFlix on Huntingnet and thought I should drop answer any questions that I can. Sorry that I didn't see it when you first posted it.My name is John Pritchette and I'm the president and founder of HuntFlix. I'd be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have about our service.

We currently have almost 700 different titles and are always adding more. This represents the single largest collection of hunting videos in the world, so far as we know. We also have the largest selection of hunting, shooting and outdoor DVDs available for purchase anywhere, all ready to ship the day they are ordered.

We ship rental movies out by USPS first class mail the same day that a customer has an open slot. Our distribution center is on the west coast, but we are planning on opening an east coast distribution center by the end of 2007. That other DVD rental company also operated from one distribution center on the west coast until they had more than 600,000 customers. As we grow, we will continue to take steps to speed up the delivery process.

Our basic package is more expensive than the teaser rate offered by that other online DVD rental company. We are a startup company serving a niche market. As such, our target market is smaller and the total number of titles available is smaller. This means that our costs are spread across fewer customers and our prices reflect that. That other company had the same price plan we do until they reached over a million customers.

I'm really excited about what we are doing because as you heard, those other companies aren't interested in hunters.We're happy to be able to offer this service to fellow hunters and outdoorsmen, and strive to offer a level of customer service that will more than justify the cost of our service.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions as they come up.

-- FLIX
Old 03-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Just watch the shows on Outdoor Channel and such. Plus there are so many freebies on the net.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Flix

I saw this thread regarding HuntFlix on Huntingnet and thought I should drop answer any questions that I can. Sorry that I didn't see it when you first posted it.My name is John Pritchette and I'm the president and founder of HuntFlix. I'd be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have about our service.

We currently have almost 700 different titles and are always adding more. This represents the single largest collection of hunting videos in the world, so far as we know. We also have the largest selection of hunting, shooting and outdoor DVDs available for purchase anywhere, all ready to ship the day they are ordered.

We ship rental movies out by USPS first class mail the same day that a customer has an open slot. Our distribution center is on the west coast, but we are planning on opening an east coast distribution center by the end of 2007. That other DVD rental company also operated from one distribution center on the west coast until they had more than 600,000 customers. As we grow, we will continue to take steps to speed up the delivery process.

Our basic package is more expensive than the teaser rate offered by that other online DVD rental company. We are a startup company serving a niche market. As such, our target market is smaller and the total number of titles available is smaller. This means that our costs are spread across fewer customers and our prices reflect that. That other company had the same price plan we do until they reached over a million customers.

I'm really excited about what we are doing because as you heard, those other companies aren't interested in hunters.We're happy to be able to offer this service to fellow hunters and outdoorsmen, and strive to offer a level of customer service that will more than justify the cost of our service.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions as they come up.

-- FLIX
how 'bout giving Huntingnet members special monthly discounts? this would boost your memberships and save us some $$$
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 AM

I wish you shipped to Canada. I was on there and loaded up 6 dvds to buy in the cart and then read the shipping policy.