Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

WARM DRY HUNTING CLOTHES

Old 01-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Default WARM DRY HUNTING CLOTHES

Well first I would like to say I just ran across this site, I like it. Now we'll see what you know. I have been to Cabelas, BPS,GANDER Mountain. I am looking for Goretex, bibs, parka with removeable liner. I want one that is quiet but will not catch burrs. Every item I pick up catches the rough skin on my hand let alone any burrs.

I also want to say that I haven't found anything that compares to goretex, The drylok, and other waterproof wannabes do not work for me, I like to hunt in the rain, I walk through high weeds so my legs get wet. So just because the Parka is waterproof doesn't mean the bibs are, you should make sure before u purchase any bibs.

Does anybody know anything that fits this description? I am considering going with waterfowl gear for deerhunting, Its tough, doesn't catch burrs, and is warm and dry. They are now offering waterfowl clothing in different camo patterns, The downfall is that it isn't quiet enough, you have to sacrafice something, But on the flipside once my camos are filled with burrs they are no longer quiet either, so what gives?

Thanks for your time, I value your comments
Old 01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WARM DRY HUNTING CLOTHES

i know your fustration. when goretex first hit the scene i remember reports and some of my friends saying it leaked so i lost all confidance plus dont you have to re- spray it from time to time? .i do love seal skinz socks though. they will keep your feet dry. i tink your on the right track with the duck hunting cloths.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 PM

I'm thinking of trying the Rivers West next season. I want something to keep me warm and dry too.
http://www.riverswest.com/hifi.html
Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 PM

I requested a catalog, I'LL check that out. Thanks