Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Boots

Old 01-17-2007, 01:29 PM

Default RE: Rocky Boots

I took a nearly new pair of Rocky boots to Alaska a few years back. By the end of the 1 week hunt, chunks were coming out of the soles and they were a dull green instead of camouflague. And the bottom of my feet were burning from bolding hopping with such flimsy soles. Never again will I buy Rocky boots.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

My danner Acadia & Pronghorns ROCK!!!!..tough boots.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:58 PM

I to have a pair of bear claws that the soles came apart emailed rocky several times I never got a reply.Never again will buy a pair of rockys
Old 01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

definately seems like we are seeing a common theme here. Not too many Rocky loyalist defending the company.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Spike

I've had about 10 pairs of Rocky's all makes and models and have never had any soles fall apart. Only four of the 10 pairs I liked though. For me all but one pair has leaked. I still have my original Bear claws from '96 and the soles are fine. I never had any problems with the soles just the gore tex. I have been leaning away from them because even though they are cheaper if they aren't waterproof they are much good.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: reddog132

Danners are also made in China.
Not all of them, I've got some made in china(pronghorns) and some made in the good ol USA and there is a huge difference. Probably won't get any more pronghorns but I'm sold on the USA danners. I noticed back in the fall danner was going to take orders on custom boots after the first of the year but haven't been to the website since. I think the custom boots will be built in the USA if they are doing it.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

OH man my Grizzly did exactly the same thing! Cost 52.00 to have new soles put on them I had only worn them 3 or 4 times in about 4 years. Because the are to hot. I have a pair of upland boots they are ok and a set with 400grams they are ok to...But I am with you guys these are my last bunch.....
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have never believed all the Rocky boot problems.

Bchunter62 you said I to have a pair of bear claws that the soles came apart emailed rocky several times I never got a reply.Never again will buy a pair of rockys

I emailed them and I waited a few days.I finally called them. After talking to them I finally got a email reply.
It would have been 40.00 to put the Rocky replacements on. After the shoemaker warned me the replacements would end up doing the same I paid10.00 more and got a good pair of soles put on. That might be your best bet.Rocky won't do anthing but send you inferior material soles that might last a year or so if you're lucky.And you'll have to pay to have them put on.

Ruger Redhawk
[align=right]
[/align]
Old 01-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

THis is all to funny to me, my g/f works at a shoe store that sells rockys.. she tells me that at LEAST 2 people per day bring boots back for various problems.. most common LEAKING when they say waterproof, an as mentioned the soles coming off.. most have pwned the boots less than 6! months. but i kinda like it when they bring back the "leaking boots" if there my size she pays 10 bucks for them an brings them home to daddy(i love my lil lady) lol. like snow seal an there waterproof again.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:41 AM

My pair of Rocky's where waterproof but if i walked more than about 1-2 miles my feet where done for the rest of the day and part of the next, had some loose threads in the uppers. I gave'em to my brother in law to use 4 wheelin or somethin. I'm looking at Irish Setters right now.

Quick Reply: Rocky Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.