Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Huntin Boots

Old 12-14-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Huntin Boots

Im lookin for a pair of huntin boots that would be good all season long, basicly from possible temps of 50 to about 10 degrees. All at the same time being waterproof. I was looking at some Danner Pronghorns, anybody knows how these boots perform in the field? Any other suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huntin Boots

Ive had Danner and Rocky boots. I like the Rocky's better but the Danner were fine. I honestly think all of the upperend boots are pretty equal. As long as they have gortex you'll be fine for the temps you are talking about.

For me the Danners only lasted about 4 years before they started falling apart. I've had the Rockys for over 10 years now and they are still going. Both are leather hunting boots I only use during season and out cutting wood when its cold.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Which pair of rockys do you own?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am the opposite danners have outlasted my rockies. I also had weeping problems with both pair of rocky boots i have owned after only a few seasons. I think rocky now vs previous are different...then again maybe danneris as well. My first pair of danner canadians lasted me 10 years of hard use my newest pair have just completed their 3rd season and holding up so far. I too prefer all leather hunting boots with good rubber soles and grip. The danners provided me with the best fit/feel and grip in comparable models.

I had a pair of Irish Setters "800gram/gortex boot" they lasted me 6 years of hunting/winter use and for the investment I was very pleased with them. They are comparable to the pronghorns but at the time were quite a bit cheaper. Might be worth a look if your into the codura style boot vs leather upper.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:36 PM

Thanks guys! Good Stuff!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Rocky Super Brutes.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM

I have the 12" Outfitters Seriesfrom Cabela's. No complaints from the last 3 years. Comfortable all leather. I like them way better than the Rocky bear claws as far as traction in snow up and down the ridges. They are light enough for me as well
Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM

my rockies keep me warm but they kill my feet if i wear them a good while, also abit "noisy" when stalking in my opinion. i'm looking at maybe irish setters for my next.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM

The boots I have are amazing, look them up. Irish Setter Big Game Tracker II
Old 12-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last pair of Rocky Boots I bought have been a disappointment (they will be the LAST pair). My Danners have been fine, but were stiff and hard to break in. My all time, all purpose BEST hunting boots are my Schnees Pack boots. These are the best fitting, easiest walking and greatest boots (bar none) I have ever bought. They are made right here in the good ole' USA...Bozeman Montana. Check them out!!!

Quick Reply: Huntin Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.