Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

good climber

Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: good climber

Goliath for me, I like the cables that Summit use better then the chains API has. I got rid of my tree lounge since bow hunting from them isnt the greatest. I like having the tree against my back and hiding me instead of standing on a diving board trying to make a shot.

These stands are very comfortable, I have a hard time staying awake a lot of mornings.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

timber tall stands ...lightweight and around 300
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM

I would recommend Summitt. I have the Viper XLS. It comes w/ a 5 pt. harness, gun rest, foot rest. You can also get alot of attachments for it. I added front & side zippered pockets, gun holder, bow holder & just recently a blind, which is extremely nice at cutting out the wind. I looked @ several brands. I like to have the ability to add things to it. The cable system is easy to use. Now they have a trigger that u pull to feed the cable thru. The chair padding is very thick & it is comfortable enough to sleep in. Which I have. I normally stay up from sun up 2 sun down when gun hunting. It only weighs 21#. A good place to check out stands is a the National Deer & Turkey Expo. Good Luck.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Not sure your still looking for a stand but check out the OlMan stand. I have had one for about 7 years and love it and bought 2 more Grand OlMan Great stand top section can be used in two different ways one a shooting rest or flip it around and it a foot rest during bow season. Give it a look think you will like it
Old 12-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

API Grand Slam is my all time favorite. They have a magnum version for heavier weights too, max weight is 350 lbs. It's lighter than most stands, easy to carry in the woods, sets up fairly simple, and grips the tree better than any climber around. And the most comfortable stand there is, in my opinion. So check out API, I got no complaints with mine. Another good stand you can look at is a Summit Viper SS. I don't know much about em but I've heard they're great.

http://www.apioutdoors.com/62753.html?cmid=api_62753

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=viper

Ditto that! API bowhunter model is nice & open.