Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which game cart to buy?

Old 12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which game cart to buy?

I am looking at the Ameristep and the Big Game carts. Does anyone here use either of these?

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 12-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which game cart to buy?

Tried the Ameristep last year and the plastic spokes broke on the 2nd deer I was getting out. The whole wheel came off. Returned it a bought a
Cabelas Supermag which works much better.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Junk. We didn't make it a hundred yards in our almost 2 mile out trip when the spokes broke. Nothing beats a kids plastic sled or one you can rool up, except a four wheeler. We bought a heavy duty wagon for part of the job. Yea they'll take them back it's just where we wanted to put the thing they had some objections too.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Alum-i-Lite Game Cart from cabelas i bent the fold out part but we had 5 climbing stands on it.i call the company and told them what we did to it and they sent me a new one for free.i would give them a 10 out of 10
Old 12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nodog

Junk. We didn't make it a hundred yards in our almost 2 mile out trip when the spokes broke. Nothing beats a kids plastic sled or one you can rool up, except a four wheeler. We bought a heavy duty wagon for part of the job. Yea they'll take them back it's just where we wanted to put the thing they had some objections too.
Johnny/nodog, thanks for the input. We have been using a plastic sled but wheels are still the wayto go. I think I'll take a ride to Gander Mt. and check out the Big Game brand cart that they carry.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 12-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Over flat land maybe but coming down off a ridge through blow downs and steep grades wheels are no match. There so many trees and stuff sticking out to get in the spokes, rocks and ruts to twist the wheels up. I don't see how one could ever come out in onepiece unless it was carried. A sled can go over and under it all regardless of weather there is snow or not.Once down to a level grade with little to deal with they would be fine, but I like the wagon for that.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Make your own. Thats what I did. I went to Cabelas and measured their carts. My hunting buddy has a welder. We made one to the size we wanted, this is our 3rd year for using it. Works great. I use mine for duck and deer hunting. Mine is made out of 3/4" square tubing. I went to Wal-Mart and bought my wheels. I have about $35-$40 in mine. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:04 PM

The cabelas carts work well but they tip over easy. I've hauled about 300lbs on mine and had no problems other than tipping. My dad bought one from Eastman Outfitters called the Versa cart. Probably the best cart design out there. The wheels are at a 45 degree angle and the cart has U shaped bars to keep the deer from falling out. This thing is tough to tip over and has a handle like a wagon. I would check them out before you buy one from Cabelas
Old 12-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for Cabela's SuperMag. It has solid tires, large wheels, folds down, and well made.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

$2.50 plastic sled. Easy/lite to carry in to get the deer and as someone else said, it'll go over deadfall, under brush and junk, through mud without digging in and keeps the deer clean all the while. A rope around the deer and secured to your safety harness or around your waist and you're good to go with hands free.

Quick Reply: Which game cart to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.