Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

bought a new call....

Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 PM

Default bought a new call....

a buddy of mine showed me this new call he got, made by a company called M.A.D. calls....it's supposed to mimic the sound of a distressed buck.

it sounded so interesting that i went out and bought one too....

anyone heard of this? it's called the "Buck Growl".
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bought a new call....

i dont have one but i know that a lot of people love it
Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
GHD

The primos hand-free buck and doe. Is great for calling in a buck. It has five sond to it. I love it.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

david, the growl is suppose to signal a buck with a doe in estrus. It is not a distress call but rather suppose to replicate emotional stacked grunts which some have called "huffing grunts". I produce a huffing grunt with a inhale/exhale grunt tube which works real well in the rut. It is my belief the MAD "Growl" and Primos "Roar" areto immulate a huffing gruntor this intense emotion of rutting buck with a estrus doe into a call the masses can blow.

Honestly I have never heard the vocalization these 2 calls produce in the wild but in research of the calls b/c of debate whether valid or not it appears this is what they are trying to capture with this new call. It appears from whatI have read as of lateit is working whether curiousity or actually a sound they associate with a doe in estrus, I don't know but theMAD produces other common vocalizations so should be a good all around buck call to carry in the woods.

Good Luck