Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Good Tactical Flashlight

Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good Tactical Flashlight

I am looking for a good flashlight small compact that I can put in my pack and does not weigh much but has good power and long life anyone recommend anything?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good Tactical Flashlight

Well at first glance your wishes would not both be possible in one light, but fortunately times have changed.

A high power flashlight wouldn't have a long battery life and a flashlight with long battery life wouldn't be that bright.

Check out this Browning flashlight. You can find some super deals on them in the light/knife combo they sell. I think they were 39 or 49 bucks when I last saw them. I have this.........

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=013H&cat_id=371&type_id=5 26

For super bright I got this one, too..........

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_id=519

Another one to consider, if you will go all LED is this one (yes I have this one too). It is very, very bright LED or not.....

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_id=513

One other item I will add aboutthese newer types of lights that take the 3V batteries. The batteries, when they die, die VERY QUICKLY! I can't tell you how many guys I've seen that think the bulb burned out, got a new bulb and nothing - dead batteries. Always keep spares handy.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I know its hard to get everything I want cheap long lastting and bright.

By bright I mean projected brightness the multiple light LED flashlights I've seen are bright as hell when you look at them but the beams quickly disperse-I am wanting something along the lines of that Browning that has a focused beam out to 100yds or so-I just wonder how long that lasts?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Streamlight make a compact hunting flashlight. Buckmaster twin task 2L
Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I am really BIG on those new 3 Watt LED lights. Blinding light. Sportsmen's Warehouse has a good one. It has a clip that you canattach the lightto the bill of your hat. And the SureFire color lens fit them.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

what is the projection on those lights though-I want to have a focused beam
Old 11-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: desertloper

what is the projection on those lights though-I want to have a focused beam
I would say they have a medium focus. Most of the light is in the center with a good amount of halo. I've used mine to walk trails at night.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

MagLite. Quality aluminum flashlights at reasonable prices.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM

Surefire Kroma looks nice but not for 300 dollars!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Surefire G2 that I'm very happy with. I use it for CCW and will carry it hunting. If I wanted a pure hunting light, I would get the equivalent in an LED type. Don't forget blue and red filters. Red for night vision. Blue for blood tracking.

Quick Reply: Good Tactical Flashlight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.