Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

silent atv--what do you think

Old 10-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Default silent atv--what do you think

I am a serious hunter from Utah and have found on hunts this past few years, that I am constantly annoyed by the use of noisy atv's and their irresponsible users. I myself only use one to get in and out of a remote hunting area, always parking and shutting down a reasonable distance from the terrain that I wish to hunt, however, I would like to see something on the market that would allow me to get closer to my chosen area at a much lower decible rate than is currently available. I am willing to invest in the research, production and procurement of such vehicles, and would like to know what other hunters think and what you think that a product like this is worth.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: silent atv--what do you think

Somebody already beat you to it.

http://www.badboybuggies.com/
Old 10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Yah there are several (Quiet) mufflers already on the market. Myself could care less because like you, the onlythingI use it for isto get from one area to the other and never hunt from it, so the noise thing isn't an issue.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 PM

I have heard of the bad boy buggies and looked at them as an alternative, however, considering the price and the fact that they are basically a hopped up golf cart with limited range on all electric power train, I did not think they seemed they ideal solution to the problem.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Average range on the BBB is 22+ miles. How far do you need it to drive?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

The Bad Boy Buggies are pretty good and very very quiet. The main problem is how far do you have to travel. If you have to go over 20-22 miles, then you might consider purchasing a silencer for you muffler or a new stealth muffler for you ATV. You can find some at Montana Jacks ATV supply, Highlifter, and other ATV accessorie places. Just type in ATV Accessories in Google and you will find numerous sites to chose from.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 PM

20 mile range actually means a usable range of less than 10 miles, unless you plan on having someone pick you up where you ran out of juice. Thanks, though for the advice, I will check out the mufflers.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: honeymanutah

20 mile range actually means a usable range of less than 10 miles, unless you plan on having someone pick you up where you ran out of juice. Thanks, though for the advice, I will check out the mufflers.
Very true. Personally I think you would be happy with some of the silent mufflers out there. No it won't make the atv as quiet as the bad boy buggies, but it will be much more quiet than the stock atv.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

20 mile range actually means a usable range of less than 10 miles
And if the conditions are very demanding,it will be less yet.Very cold weather also reduces battery range.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Somebody already beat you to it.

http://www.badboybuggies.com/
Yeah its called a golf cart with ATV tires and different paint.