Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

F 250 Super Duty

Old 10-11-2006, 02:10 PM

Default F 250 Super Duty

I am looking into purchasing a truck and would like to get some input on a F 250 Super Duty crew cab with 6.0 Diesel. Please just honest input and not all the mud slinging as seen in previous post. Major investment for my family and need some serious input. Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: F 250 Super Duty

I've got the f-250 superduty, but instead of diesel, I went with the V-10. Man that was the best decision ever. I've got several buddies with the diesel and man, that thing is sooooo loud. It's hard to have much of a converstion with it running. You ought to look into the v10. So far it will pull anything I've hooked on to and you can hardly tell its there. Just my two cents worth. hope it helps. Its the best truck I've ever had.

ShawneeSlinger
Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep the V10 will pass almost anything but a gas pump. [8D]

Seriously I recently bought an F350 Powerstroke and in comparison to the 7.3L that I had before, this thing will flat run. It's a little flat on the bottom but get the turbo spooled and hang on. I like mine a lot so far. My only complaint about it is the fuel mileage was better on my 7.3L. I guess it's a little unfair to comapre though because my other was a F250 shortbed with a 6 speed and 3.73 gears. I also had a K&N, exhaust and a programmer on it. My new truck is a F350 Dually ong bed with an automatic and 4.11 gears and it's still bone stock.

If you're going to get one you better hurry. In January they are releasing the '08 models. Not only are they butt a$$ ugly but they will have a brand new motor in them. I'm just really leary of buying the 1st run of anything. However, with that being said, I believe Dodge is going to be king of the hill in '08. They are keeping the Cummins engine but bumping it from 5.9L to 6.7L AND putting a 6 speed Mercedes HD automatic transmissionin in them. If I had known that back when I got my truck, I probably would have waited.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 facts here.

1. The V10 may do a little better pulling a trailer than the 6.0 diesel, but isn't even in the same league as the 7.3 and the 7.3 is not too loud now.

2. The new Dodge is gonna be so sweet that dentists are gonna be pulling teeth 2 for the price of 1!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

2 facts here.

1. The V10 may do a little better pulling a trailer than the 6.0 diesel, but isn't even in the same league as the 7.3 and the 7.3 is not too loud now.

2. The new Dodge is gonna be so sweet that dentists are gonna be pulling teeth 2 for the price of 1!
1.) HUH? The 6.0 and the Torqueshift will leave the V-10 AND the 7.3L in the dust when pulling a trailer. I know, I've had both. Yeah, the 7.3L IS realy quiet now, you can't even get it in the new truck. 2003 was the last year the 7.3L was offered. the Ford diesel is still the loudest of the current production diesel trucks. My God, if Cummins can quieten down their diesel, why can't Ford?

2.) Yep, I agree.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

Ford had a lot of problems with the earlier 6.0L diesels'. I do not know if they got it worked out or not. Next year ford will be introducing their 6.4L, still made by navstar, a division of international. I think both dodge and ford changed diesels for next year to meet the new emission standards (ultra low sulfer diesel). I am not sure what chevy is doing, if anything.

I still like the 7.3L. I have a 01 F250 7.3L that I would not trade for anything. I have driven the 6.0L and it does have a little more top end but I would not trade my bulletproof 7.3L just to go a little faster.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 PM

buckanbeagles,

I own an '03 F350 PSD and have towed with an '01 F350 V10 and I can tell you the PSD will out pull and get better mileage.

If you do buy used stay away from the '03's. There were some issues with the '03 with injectors and software bugs.

Late production '04's they seemed to get their $$it together and made some nice rigs.

Hope this helps
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

I recently bought a used F250 V10 Crew cab, I feel it works great for what I need it for. It is real quiet and pulls great and I average 12 to 14 MPG city. Don't ask me how I just read the numbers. I was going to get the diesel, but since i never drive my truck much and it can sit for over a month ata time I would end up having issues with the diesel fuel going bad. Not sure if that is the case but found this truck and have loved it ever since. I think it still is my favorite truck so for.

~Jeff
Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
LY

Try www.thedieselstop.com for some good info on fords.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

bucks..whatcha using it for...cruisin..towin...shoppin..What??
F-150 tritonv10...may be all you need....Have you considered a full size SUV?????

Quick Reply: F 250 Super Duty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.