Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

F 250 Super Duty

Old 10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: F 250 Super Duty

There are some pretty stout penalties if you are caught using off-road diesel on the roads because there are no road taxes tacked into the sales price of off-road diesel. I think it is basically viewed astax evasion.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

There are some pretty stout penalties if you are caught using off-road diesel on the roads because there are no road taxes tacked into the sales price of off-road diesel. I think it is basically viewed astax evasion.
Well thats probally while he won't ever listen to me. he want's to try Bio-Diesel though.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:07 PM

Stay aaway from anything with the 6.0 in it. I've known 6 trucks in my area that spend more time in the shop than on the road. 4 had to get new motors and 2 new transmissions. The 6.0 is so bad that Ford is even pulling the motor and using a different engine in 2007/08. If you can find something with the 7.3 then that is a real workhorse and dependable.

When I purchased my new diesel I went with a Chevy 2500hd with the duramax and allison trans. hands down the best I've had in a truck.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

bucksnbeagles if you are not set on a ford i got a chevy i think you would like info in the auto forum
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...caty/truck.jpg
Old 11-26-2006, 04:26 PM

I'm a Ford tech and i'll try to help to the best of my knowledge. Keep in mind i've been diehard nothing but Ford since i was born until my '05 F-150 this year ruined the love. Well that and my career working for Ford. For an idea on the 6.0 usually if you drive into a dealership with an 03+ the tech that gets the repair order says something along the lines of "not another #$@!! 6.0". I hear it day in an day out. Ford has done alot of improving on the 6.0 but I still dont trust it and wouldnt spend my personal money on it. If dead set on Super Duty I recommend the V10. However you are only looking at 9-13mpg average just depending. But you will be saving thousands by not upgrading to diesel and pay less at the pump on fill ups. The actual truck itself minus engine and tranny to me are awesome, they look great, nice user friendly interior, tuff lookin all around, 35spline dana 60 front axle, 4.30 gears with gas engine, and a host of features. after actually working for Ford and seeing the direction the quality and vehicles are going I am now a GMC man and would encourage a good look at the Duramax and even Cummins. Tome the Cummins has it in the bag right now and I'm not ahuge dodge fan either but its a heck of a truck. I love the Duramax however you loose that big solid Dana 60 which I'm fond of. Its just up to you if you want to give the motor a chance but from my experiences with them its doomed to failure. alot of companies where I live have switched to GM and Dodge after the 6.0 darkened their doorsteps and Ford has even been offering an extra cash back to 6.0 owners for their troubles if that tells ya somethin. The new engine is also supposed to just be a stroked out 6.0 so I dont know about it either. The later 6.0s themselves are decent as far as the actual block itselfbut i've seen tons of turbo failure, electrical, injector,etc.