Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 what do you hate about all the new camo out there? >

what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 AM

Default RE: what do you hate about all the new camo out there?

I think that the price is to high and the sent blocker kind is a waste of money you can spend 8 or 9 dollers at walmrt and get some scent wafers and they work really good i have had a couple bucks walk right up on me but i like the real tree hoard woods look
Old 11-17-2006, 04:34 PM

For my area, I like the Prarie Ghost pattern, but that is just because the colors match my hunting grounds the best. I wear a 3-D leafy pattern in Realtree that seems to work just about anywhere I go. I think any camo that breaks up your human siluette works the best.

That being said, I once hunched downwind of a herd of does on my way to a favorite fishing spot. The does eached filed by my position in the tall grass at about 30 yards. I kept my head tilted, eyes under thevisor of my Oakland A's ballcap, and they never seemed to spot me. I was wearing black shorts and a Metallica t-shirt....

....movement and wind will kill your position faster than anything.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:19 PM

The price.

I'm too poor for 95% of the stuff in the stores.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Scent Blocker - There is nothing that will block your scent if you are upwind. Everything will if you are downwind. So is scent blocker for still conditions only??

Camo - Camo is part of fieldcraft. I agree that most camo is too dark, trees also have heavy shadowing. Matching camo is maybe mostly for the hunter. I've killed many animals without camo, but I hope to get my first deer in camo this year!!
Old 11-24-2006, 10:11 PM

Last year i shot the biggest buck of my life at 12 yards with a bow. I was wearing a blaze orange top andblue jeans. He followed another buck right under me...both looked right at me but i must have been 'camoflauged' enough that it didn't bother them.I think scent control and paying attention to the wind is much more importantno. In wisconsin CWD zones you can bow hunt during gun season...that's why i had the orange on.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fact is companies that manufacture a product need to make you think you need that product so you will buy it and they can make money. That is the American way no matter what the product. It seems to be extremely so when it comes to bows and hunting clothes. They try to convince you that their camo pattern is superior when the truth is that about anything will do just fine. Someone will buy some of the new expensive stuff, have some success and proclaim that it was all due to the new camo pattern.

Having said all this, I have to say some of the new stuff looks rather ridiculous.