Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How do you secure your ATV?

Old 09-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Default How do you secure your ATV?

I just bought a new '06 Yamaha Kodiak 4X4. To secure it, I put a coated steel cable through the frame and wraped it around a 6"X8" steel reinforced concrete column attached to the house and padlocked it. I'm not comfortable with just this, so I'm looking for some ideas. I don't have an out building to put it in, so I covered it with a tarp to help keep it from the sun and rain. How do you secure yours? Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you secure your ATV?

Doesnt sound like that ATV is going anywhere. I Lock mine in a small shed.

TP
Old 09-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine stays locked in my garage.When we go hunting it sits on the trailer with a steel cable through the frame and the trailer wheels.The hitch is also locked.The toughest cables to cut are the steel cables with the interlocking jacket of rings covering them.The rings are hardened and turn if you try to grind through them.I don't remember the name that they are sold under though.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:10 PM

Call up your insurance man, get full coverage and tell them you want to waive the liability. I pay $70 a year and don't worry any more about someone stealing it.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

.44 mag...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Garage kept.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I live in the country so we just keep ours by our house no one ever messes with us cause we have a rottwilelr!!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

A small barn 12x24 keps all atvs,mower,etc.safe and secure,and protected from the elements!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Well, I added a second lock and cable and called my insurance agent for coverage. I guess that's about all I can do for now. I'm searching for a trailer to carry it on and will lock the Kodiak down to the trailer and lock the tongue. It will keep the honest people away at least. Getting my 2500# Warn winch installed Thursday, so hopefully I can hit the trails this weekend to start breaking it in. Thanks for your replies, and keep 'em coming if you have any better ideas than what I've done.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:52 AM

We have surveilance camera's at my camp site and my in-laws live up there. I keep it stored on my porch or around back at their building. I don't worry about anyone stealing it, now if someone could tell me how they keep their father in law off of their's I would surely listen.

Quick Reply: How do you secure your ATV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.