Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How do you secure your ATV?

Old 09-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Default RE: How do you secure your ATV?

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

Call up your insurance man, get full coverage and tell them you want to waive the liability. I pay $70 a year and don't worry any more about someone stealing it.
This is the ONLY way to secure any belonging you have. If some inconsiderate A-hole wants your stuff, he's gonna get it no matter how many locks, chains, cables, & buildings you use.

My wife's uncle just recently had an ATV stolen from his barn. The "prick" had to sneak past his house &vehicles, and somehow sneak his way thru a yard full of dogs. None of the dogs barked, so the owner never was alarmed to any wrong doing.His arsenal of firearms and night-vision gadgets didn'tsecure his belongingsthat night.

I've got guns too but they only work if you know when to use em.

Use insurance, that's what it's for.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Spike

When you park it leave it in gear 1st or 2nd. Evan if they cut the locks with out the ih=gnitinon on they can't shift it to neautral where it rolls easily. That's with my honda any way, it is a manual. i don't know about automatics. If they cut my cable and get it into neautral and getawy, well maybe they deserve it.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:22 PM

Dig a triangular trench around it with concertina wire on both sides of it. Fill the trench with alligators from the New York City sewer system. Stake down the concertina. Set up a .50 Caliber MG position somewhere in the middle just above the ATV. Set up trip flares on the outside and inside of the perimeter and map their positions. Get a crew of old Vietnam Vets like myself who still have the jitters and 1000 yard stare to man the positions. You will need around the clock crews because us old fellas need our nap time! Or like the man said, "get some insurance and don't worry about it".
Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM

Insured and locked down. I'm satisfied now.......Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sleep on it with a12ga.All jokes aside I use big logging chains and American Security locks.I chain them around big pines trees. At home they are kept in a garage which also has a ADT alarm system.Ihave them chained down while transporting.I used to leave them chained in Georgia during hunting season to avoid bringing them back and forth.My new Honda 680 will come home when I do from now on.To biga gambleto leave locked around a tree.I feel safer burning more gas pulling the trailer home each trip.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM

the club for atvs
Old 10-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

deerslayer..in the field stash the battery...they can be hotwired...at home use Timbercreeks advice
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I contacted my insurance agent about insuring our 06Honda's.(State Farm).The TRX 680 FA 279.00 and the wife's TRX 350 is 189.00 for a full year's coverage. That's without Liability.Quite abit higher then what TimberCreek was quoted.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 10-06-2006, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

I contacted my insurance agent about insuring our 06Honda's.(State Farm).The TRX 680 FA 279.00 and the wife's TRX 350 is 189.00 for a full year's coverage. That's without Liability.Quite abit higher then what TimberCreek was quoted.

Ruger Redhawk
Seems high to me. I'm with State Farm and only pay $144 per year.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayer444

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk
Seems high to me. I'm with State Farm and only pay $144 per year.
Has to do with the cost of them.Both are new. The 350 was bought in March and my 680 was in July.The TRX 680 w/winch was right at 9 Grand and the TRX350 was around 5500.00. Last night we were headedtoour hunt camp.We stopped at Walmart with the 4 wheelers.I worried the whole time we were in the store.We haven't taken the insurance out yet. It would definitely give me a peace of mind knowing they were covered.

Ruger Redhawk