Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour Hunting Clothes

Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Under Armour Hunting Clothes

I just posted a review about Under Armour and it's new attempt on the hunting market:

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=460

Enjoy!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour Hunting Clothes

Great gear
Old 09-07-2006, 06:18 AM

I really like the stuff, but I use it more for the cold weather. I find that the cold gear is very good and very comfortable. If you can get past the part that you are going to look like a lumpy hot dog (at least I do) in one, I would also recommend it. Oh and the lumpy hot dog thing, thank God for layering!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Read the label , you'll find that it's just spandex with pretty pictures printed on it , and you can find spandex work out gear for a lot less .
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 AM

You might be correct that there is spandex in the product, but I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.My understanding ofspandex is that it is a fabric, like cotton or polyester. What you do to the fabric can change its qualities and properties quite a bit. Yes, it is a lot of money, but you can find it on sale all over the place. Cabella's has a great clearance sale on the stuff right now.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

gimmicky stuff
Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: porknbeans

You might be correct that there is spandex in the product, but I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be. My understanding of spandex is that it is a fabric, like cotton or polyester. What you do to the fabric can change its qualities and properties quite a bit. Yes, it is a lot of money, but you can find it on sale all over the place. Cabella's has a great clearance sale on the stuff right now.
Unless it's fleece lined , which work out leotards usually aren't , then I'd respectfully suggest that you read the label for the fiber content and compare it to Danskins in the ladie's section . Lycra and spandex are the predominant content of both products . You won't see enough difference to be worth the price difference .
Old 09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

I am normally very skeptical of new products of any kind until they've been around a while. However, Under Armor has definatly passed every test I've thrown at it.
I used it when I worked in maximum security prison with no airconditioning wearing a stab proof vest. I was working in tempratures of 100-120 degrees. It helped wick the sweat away tremendously.
I use it almost every day as an under shirt and it's a 1000 times better than any cotton shirt.
I use it as my gear while I'm training for a marathon and would not be with out it.
I've also used it many times while hunting and I can personally attest that it is not "gimicky" or "the same as spandex". Under Armor is a product that I picked up and used for hunting before they were a hunting product.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:01 PM

I love my Underarmour Heat Gear I use it for Hockey under my shirt and it works VERY well.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:21 AM

It may be good for stalking elk and walking 15 miles a day..but sittin in a treestand id say it would be overrated.. I got the vaportec shirt (made of the same material) at walmart for like 8 dollars...It isnt warm but great for spring turkey and early bow season..once late october rolls around just layer it and ull be fine and so will ur wallet

Quick Reply: Under Armour Hunting Clothes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.