Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad >

Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Old 08-02-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

I am in the market for a new ATV. I have always lived and died by honda bikes, however the reviews are really good on the new Suzuki QK. They are both the same price but the suzuki has some added features that are not on the Rubicon(i.e. EFI, independent suspension, locking dif., 200 more cc's) I duck hunt everyday of the season so it has to be durable, reliable, and carry heavy loads through deep water and mud. Can someone please give me some in-sight on the two bikes (pros and cons)
Thanks, Fatmallard
Old 08-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

The rubicon has something that the suzuki doesn't have,that being a hydrostatic transmission that has no belts to slip or break.My 2002 rubicon has dragged whole moose and elk out of very rough terrain,and it has always been totally reliable.It isn't the fastest or smoothest riding,but it always gets me home.If you will be in deep water a lot,a belt can be a liability.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

The belt on the King Quad is not a liability in water. This is from personal experience with it. It is truly a work of art. Very powerful and the differential lock is great. My belt never has slipped on my vinson, which is the same ATV, just without diff. lock and 200cc less(which I wish I had), it is completely water tight. Don't worry about that. I love the looks also, plus, they ride like a racer in 2wd and are a horse in FWD. I sold my rincon when I rode my buddies KQ. I put Mudlite XTR tires on mine and it will not get stuck anywhere I'd ever want to go. Being the KQ is it's daddy, and as much as I love my vinson, I would definetly recommend the king I asked my friend and he said his belt never slipped either, and he burys that thing.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 PM

As a good friend of mine once said.

If you want to ride out, buy a Honda; If you wanna walk, buy something else.

I have had 5 Honda's and only 1 of them had motor trouble. It was a 250 R racing 3 wheeler and it was over reved and popped. Not the bikes fault , mine.

I have a 03 Rancher 4x4 with 2k miles and had abosolutely no problems with it and a 02 Foreman with almost 5k miles and only changed the brakes (recently). I am sure there are other people with other brands that can say something along these lines. But, I know what I put mine through and if they can hold up to that abuse, there is no other name for me. Hope this helps
Old 08-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I had hondas ever since I was a kid. Had about 4. had 2 250r 4wheels, a 400foreman, and a rincon 650. I liked them all and they were all good. I fell through ice in a pond once in the foreman and hypothermated. it was almost over the tips of the handlebars for over a week before we could pull it. Fired right up and ran great right out of the pond. Great machines, I just dont like nothing about the new ones. The rincon didnt have close to the power of my vinson that i traded it for. I rag that bike out hard every day for 1200miles now and nothing but tuneups and brakepads. New hondas arent what theyre cracked up to be anymore IMO. Just myopinion though.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:04 PM

Id look at the new grizzly's pretty much a little better king quad with POWER STEERING
Old 08-03-2006, 08:32 PM

The rincon didnt have close to the power of my vinson
A lot of people mis understand the Rincon. They think it is like all of the other big bores and it is not. It is a trail bike and not to be compared to a working utility bike. The Rincon is the best trail bike on the market period. If you want power, torque I'm talking about with a Honda you have to look at the Rubicon, Foreman and Rancher. I would love for Honda to put IRS on the 500 or Rubicon, I would buy one in a heart beat as most people would.

As far as the Grizzly goes, if you duck hunt and will be in water this is not the bike for you. You will have to snorkle the belt compartment or the belt will slip. I know a guy that owns a Yamaha dealership and he has a brand new Grizz lifted 26 Mud Lite Radial XTR's. I honestly took him to school with my Rancher. We races around a pond in the water and I beat him by 16 seconds and he had hell with his belt. He also rode with someone else out because he tore up his front end. He has had it for two rides and hasn't driven it back to camp yet. These were mostly 18 mile trail rides with a little bit of mud. My wife (who just learned how to ride a bike) had no problems and never got stuck on our Rancher (stock tires at the time). Everyone has their own preferences and stories about what they have done and seen, it is really up to you to decide what is best for what you are going to use it for. I know alot of guys that Duck hunt in Louisiana and EVERYONE of them ride Honda's. (I am one of them)
Old 08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

[align=right]Im glad mine does'nt have IRS. Straight axle makes it alot more maneuverable IMO. I'll put my vinson up against any rincon. I've had both and the rincon is a slug on the trail. I was always a honda fan, but I'm truning over a new leaf these days. Suzuki has proven themselves as better bikes for my riding style. I ride mine on mountain trails, Mud holes, make my own trails, etc. If you want a good trail bike get a vinson, if you want a utility brute, the King Quad. I admit my vinson is alot easier to get around on than a KQ. Its like riding a 2wd racer even when its in 4wd. The thing that I did'nt like the most about the rinny was the lack of a low gear. Its lowest gear was higher than 2nd in the vinson. It puts on a strain uphill and wont hold back at all downhill.[/align]
Old 08-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother has a 450 RANCHER and has beat the crap out of it... He uses it like a skidder and clear cut a acre of his property and dragged out all the tree with it... Actually broke a pretty good size chain doing it

I bought the Rubi and I love it... But I do like the KQ also...
Old 08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Listen guys! In this day and age, just about all the Jap brands are good and reliable.

For a long time, Honda was head and shoulders above all the rest for being reliable. But now a days, they are pretty much equal as far as reliability.

The old stigma of belts getting wet is a thing of the past, for the most part. Most Mfg.'s have solved the problem, as long as the water doesn't go into the clutch breathers.

To be honest, Honda has been slipping in the last couple years. Her are some examples

1. All other Mfg.'s have in/out 4WD switches on their 350 class units except Honda

2. Honda does not have a low range on their flagship model Rincon

3. Honda does not have a front Diff. lock on their ATV's

Hondas are good machines, don't get me wrong. Its just that they aren't keeping up with the Jones's, if you know what I mean.

As far as the original question, go with the Suzuki King Quad. Its an awesome ride with many endorsements from many magazines, that compared the competition head to head.

As far as the Rancher whooping on a Grizzly, I'd beg to differ.

I have a few buddys that have Ranchers, but they don't go where I can go or get there as fast.

Ranchers are good bullet proof rides but not in the same league as a Grizzly.

Quick Reply: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.