Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 2006 Trail Cams anyone bought one yet? >

2006 Trail Cams anyone bought one yet?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

2006 Trail Cams anyone bought one yet?

Old 07-02-2006, 11:03 PM

Default RE: 2006 Trail Cams anyone bought one yet?

WOW! Too Cool! I spoke with a lot of buddies who have trail cams. Got lots of answers from unhappy to satisfied. I stepped up, got a nice camtrakker and have gotten some neat results. For myself and young children (to young to hunt) this has been a great deal. Attached is the first picture I got on my camtrakker 6.0 with wistle stop (a must have) and strobe.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:43 AM

That is so cool! The first picture I got of wildlife with my Moultrie camera was a Bobcat. It is so amazing to get a picture of something I have only seen 4 times in my life and not while hunting. I am now a trail camera addictat least when it isn't hunting season
Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome pic Z boy! I would not want to tangle with that old brawler!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

Was wondering same thing re: cheap game cams. Friend got his son a Stealth Cam for Christmas, and has been very pleased so far. It was only about $165 at Walmart, only 2 or 3 MP, but so far so good. Anybody else have any experience with cheap cams so far?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a moultrie digital last year for $100 and am very pleased with the results. Now they have a 4.0 for $149. Quality for a good price.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:11 AM

I've got two Moultries and a cuddeback, and the motion detection on the Cudde far exceeds the Moultries. I've left my moultries in the woods for 4 weeks at a time and I'd get 40-50 decent pics, I left my cudde in the woods for 4 weeks and got 206 pics of all sorts of different game and not a single shot that was taken did show the full fram of the animal. To me the cudde is worth the money and that trigger time of less than a second makes a world of difference.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Penns Woods www.pennswoods.com and the Trail Ghost P41LE www.trailghost.com. They are small (the trail ghost is smaller), take great pictures, and have camaeras you can remove and take with you on vacation. I like these "dual" purpose trail cams. It keeps the wife happy

Old 07-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Well, I'm new here, but I thought I would share my experiences. First, I bought that Wildview gamecamera from Cabela's for about $100. It was horrible. I do not advise anyone to get this model. It was slow to trigger and very poor quality pictures. Next, I went witht the Sportsmans Guide 2.1 scouting camera. Much better picture quality, but still a somewhat slow trigger. Also, on both models, the battery life was less than expected. Both of those cameras would often die out in the field in under a month. I just ordered the Cabela's (Moultrie) 4.1 mp camera. This camera runs off of a 6 volt and has an optional solar power connector built in. I will post how well this works as soon as I get it. I'm hoping to ditch the "new"batteries forever and go with the solar charger. After spending a minimum of $25 last year on C batteries...for only 4 months, I had to upgrade. So, for the original post of finding a camera for under $150. Yes, it can be done, and I think it will work, but I think this is a definite "get what you pay for" situation.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 AM

I just got the new Cuddeback "No Flash" model and plan to set it up this Friday (07/21)so I will let you know after about a week in the woods.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Cuddeback No Flash and it works fantastic, the night video is amazing. They changed the case from the previous models and I really don't like how the batteries are held in place, other than that I really like the unit, this is my third Cuddeback and I haven't had a problem with any of them.

Quick Reply: 2006 Trail Cams anyone bought one yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.