Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Instant hot shower??

Old 04-23-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Instant hot shower??

I know this may not be exactly hunting related, but I need a shower for deer camp. We have no running water, but have a spring nearby where we get all of our water. I've seen this thing called" Instant hot shower" in a couple of magazines for about 139.99. I was wondering if anyone has tried this product? Or do any of you have any cool ideas for a camp shower? I appreciate any info you could give me, thank you !!!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Instant hot shower??

A product I've been interested is one of the Zodi products. They have a single or double burner that uses small gas tanks or a camp model that operates off a 20# LP tank. That's the one I'm considering. It has a submersible pump that you just drop in to any water source and it pumps it out and heats it up (assuming of course you light the burner!!). My only criticism is that the flow is only about 1 GPM so it won't likely be a luxurious type of shower. I may get one to have here for emergency use (hurricane season) then take it to the woods to our camp. If I do I'll post my thoughts about it.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Thank you bugsnbows. The Zodi was the one I was considering myself. I don't care if it's luxurios, just so I can take a warm shower!!! I did not know about the 20# model however, I'll have to check it out! Thanks again, anyone actually used these products?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Zodi is the name brand , but I've seen another brand . They're an improvement on a solar shower , but not by much .
Old 05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I just fitted a tap to a 5 gallon plastic pail and attached a sprinkler nozzle with a short piece of hose. Hang it 7 feet up in a tree. Fill the pail with lake water and add some boiling waterI heat up on the gas BBQ to get desired temp. Stand under the nozzle and turn it on as needed. If 5 gallon isn't enough, get a bigger pail. Works well and total cost about $10.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM

I use a new 3 gal boat fuel tank in my remote cabin, changed the inside hose (it unscrews), hooked up a sink spray head. I have since hooked it up to a 12v pump for high presure, but gravity works fine. heat up some of the water put in and enjoy.I also use one to feed my RV toilet in the cabin for flushing.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

Here ya go a whole page of some http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat20097&navAction=jump&nav Count=1&parentId=cat20075&parentType=categ ory&cmCat=MainCatcat20075
Old 05-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

We just use the solar shower bags, heat up some boiling water, fill with cold to regulate the temperature and hang. (use a large base funnel for filling). At elk camp we have a bath house with a tub and sub surface drain. However when camping we use a pallat, old floor matt to protect the feet and a tarp for a little privacy(strung up around some trees). Simply, works and very cheap - I bought a couple of new in box ones at a garage sale for a buck (but they sell for less then 15 regularily).

PS Should mention we usually get 2-3 showers per 5 gallon bag (some guys are less conservative then others[:@]).
Old 05-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Borealboy hit the nail on the head! $10 as apposed to $139??? Alot of time I just do the bird bath thing.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM

In my remote camps I always use a plastic container any where from 1 gal. milk jugs to 5 gal. culapsable jugs and build a fire and set it close to the flames it only takes 15 minutes and its hot . Make sure the jug is filled to the top andit will never melt it works great for me ,if its cold I will build a tarp teepee for a shower room .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.