Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 What kind of stand do you prefer? >

What kind of stand do you prefer?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What kind of stand do you prefer?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:12 AM

Default RE: What kind of stand do you prefer?

The most comfortable stand I have ever sat in is my dad's Summit Viper X5. It has a footrest, and that makes it 10 times more comfortable. My dad uses a Gorilla Ladder Treestand that he thinks is comfortable so he lets me use the Summit.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Hang-ons...Lone Wolf & Chippewa's. Unbeatable for difficult/crooked trees like locusts and hedge
trees.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 PM

Summit Goliath!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:03 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I have really developed a liking to ladder stands, especially the Northstarr SUPER STARR LADDER STAND. It is all aluminum, with the extension it is 17' tall, and comfortable. Being aluminum, it weighs something like a whopping 30 pounds. Easy to put up! They are pricey, but I think well worth it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:11 PM

I have about7 tree stands2 ladders , 4 lock on, 1 climber. I perfer Summit tree stands, they are comfortable and easy to set up.I bought a Summit Goliath(Ladder stand) and love it. I do perfer ladder stand overall others.Since I hunt my own land I leave all my stands out most of the season. I try not to hunt a stand more than a few times a season. I will proably buy an extension for my Goliath to get at least 19-20' high. The problem with most Ladder stands, they are not high enough.Ladder stands are the way to go if you can set them up and leave them.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf Hand Climber (for runnin' and gunnin'), Lone Wolf Hang-on and sticks for everything else. No easier way to get up the nastiest of trees! After 40+ set-up's last year alone, I wouldn't use anything else if someone paid me!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sharp Shooter

What kind of tree stand do you guys like? I like ladder stands. I hunt on private land though. They feel more secure, they have arms and stuff like that to make it more comfortable. I have a Rivers Edge deluxe 15" in the regular size (not XL). How about all you?
Same here exactlyon the ladders.. For a climber I love my Summit Viper. I also have a Summit swifttree and a summit copper head that I really like. I love that enclosed foot on the swifttree.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I rather use a hang-on than a climber any day.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use all three types: Ladders, hang-on's, and a Summit climber. Of these three, ladder stands are the heaviest stands to lug around in the woods!! We use themonly onprivate land, because since they are too heavy to move around a lot, and make a lot of noise in the process, you want to have these type of stands set-up way ahead of time!! The hang-on stands are very good as well, but you work up a nice sweat in the process of hanging them!! Again, these stands should be set-up way ahead of time. Problem with doing that, is stand theft!! That's where the climber's shine!!They arelighter compared to a hang-on stand with all the treesteps, and climbing beltsrequired to get up to 15-18' off theground, and they are much lighter than a ladder stand!! The only downfall, if you want to call it that, is that you have to leave the stand at the bottom of the tree, if your going to hunt the same spot. So getting there early the next morning is a must or by-by stand!! Each has it's plus's and minus's.My cousin is deathly afraid of heights, so he only hunts out of ladder stands that have a railing.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:54 PM

Hang ons-Lone Wolf Alpha to be precise.