Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Primos "The Can"

Old 10-14-2002, 12:25 PM

Default Primos "The Can"

Has anyone used The Can by Primos, it's a doe call. Had any luck? Any thoughts on when it would be best used-- pre-rut, rut, post-rut.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Primos "The Can"

I know of many who use it and say it works. However I also think a doe bleat is the easiest call to mimic with your own voice. Basically it is a BAHHHH AHHH (like a sheep but more groany).

As far as usage rut is the intend, but late pre-rut and early post rut may get the bucks goat a bit on one last kick or first kick at "THE CAN"....sorry bad pun!

The bleat in all honesty really hasn't work that well, with the exception of a buck in love mood and grunt didn't stop him for me. So it has been useful, but I do it with my mouth instead.

Old 10-19-2002, 01:23 AM

heard lots of wonderful things about it but know of no one who has personally used it.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Spike

I have been using 1 for several years. In fact I will actually
wear one out each year. As far as the results I know of 2 buck that
I have killed that seem to come looking for the call, both pre-rut(1 was a small 6 pt with BP and the other was a huge 5 1/5 year old heavy 8pt). I did have a small buck in front of me this am and used the can call and he never looked up. They work great but I think a lot of it is the mood of the deer.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:06 PM

by the way they have 3 different cans that i know of.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:50 PM

I bought one last season and used it sparingly with little to no success, but I broke it out this past Saturday and had a buck come in on a string less than 3 minutes after hitting it. He stopped 15 yards from my stand and started looking around for the source. Too bad for him...fresh meat.
I think a deer has to be in the "mood" to respond to any call and I just called to this one at the right time. At any rate, I think deer are more likely not to pay attention to it than run away from it, so it probably wouldn't hurt, just in case Mr. B&C is in the mood!

Rack
Old 10-30-2002, 06:08 PM

I use the can and it is one of the best calls i've got. I've learned that the best time to use it is right before the rut when the bucks are looking for does or when a solitary buck isn't on a hot doe. If you have a call that will catch a buck off a hot doe trail, you have the best call on the market by far. This call works very well with the aid of a scent such as Tinks #69.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:40 PM

i just started using "the can"...i haven't had any success yet but i started using it because a friend of mine has killed 2 B&C bucks in the last 4 yrs, and clams he called both of them in with the can.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the can this year and tried it and the last time out after I used the can I had a 4 pointer come in at 15 yards. I don't know if he was already coming in or if he responded to it.

Brian

Old 11-11-2002, 09:12 AM

The can works. Do not over call. I use the can at first light twice.
Then I wait 15min and if nothing has appeared I give a soft grunt. Bucks, like men can't stand to think some other buck is gonna get some and he's not. Be careful though. Every buck that has responded to this combination has literally just appeared out of no where, silent and slow.

If it crawls it falls, if it flies it dies.

Quick Reply: Primos "The Can"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.