Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

trail camera's

Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default trail camera's

anyone got any suggestions on a good affordable digital trail camera?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Spike

Default RE: trail camera's

Camocop,---We have lots of suggestions for different price ranges and applications. Visit our trail/scouting camera review site at www.chasingame.com. Bill
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowwinkles

Camocop,---We have lots of suggestions for different price ranges and applications. Visit our trail/scouting camera review site at www.chasingame.com. Bill
I was just on this site, very informative. Liked your trail cam reviews.

Konk
Old 12-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i appreciate the feedback and the website. the website gave great reviews. the reviews are pointing me towards the cuddeback system. i need an affordable fast trail cam. i don't hunt over bait, so i need a camera that will capture images of the deer when they walk by. my only other option would be to place the camera over a scrape in hopes of the deer standing there long enough for the picture.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Spike

Camocop,---Thanks for the visit to the site the cudde 3.0 is a great cam that will do what you want two other cams that have a fast trigger time are the Bushnell 119000c sold in Sams Club and the 119600. The 119600s are having water leake problems so stay away from them the 119000c from sams has limited picture quality but has a one second trigger time. Bill
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a cheap digital trail camera at Gander Mountain. Its called a Wildview. They are on sale for about $69.

Now for why it is so cheap

1 It does not print date or time

2 It only has a 15ft flash range. ( most nite time photos all you see are glowing eyes)

3 It only has .3 megapixels

They have a better camera now. I think it is called a Wildview2. It has a 30ft flash range, prints date and time, and is 2 megapixels. It costs about $120. I got one for my dad for Christmas. We didn't get a chance to use it yet.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 AM
Spike

Windwalker,--- The 2.0 Wildview from Cabelas is $99. We are presently testing it and have a partial review of this cam on the site. The day pictures are sharp and clear but the night pictures are pretty grainy.Down load picasa and you will be able to see what belongs to those eyes. Bill
Old 12-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

It would be nice to see the Penn's Woods cameras reviewed. IMO they are better than the ones listed.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can usaully highlight the photos to see them better. I didn't know Cabelas carried the Wildview2. I just saw it at Gander Mountain and got it for a gift for my dad. I didn't give it to him yet.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

I've tested a Penn's Woods and eight others if you are interested. Take a look at my website in the signature to see the reviews. There is a wide variation in quality.

Quick Reply: trail camera's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.