Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

mittens

Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 PM

Default mittens

Do they make a wool mitten with trigger finger hole?I find mittens to be the warmest hand cover so far.If anyone has a glove that keeps your fingers warm I would like to know.The hardest 2 things for me to keep warm are my toes and fingers when I am on stand 4 and 5 hrs in 20 degree weather even.I know I would be able to sit longer without getting up and lifting my feet up and down and twitching my fingers if could find the right combo of gloves and boots.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: mittens

Visit www.icebreakerinc.com

I have mentioned their products elsewhere on these forums. I use both, and have no problems during deer season in northern Wisconsin. I normally carry a light pair of gloves into the woods so my hands don't freeze while climbing the treestand. After that, gloves come off, hands go into the handmuff and I'm set.

I use the bootblankets more when I'm ground blind hunting. Do not walk in them.

The products are not expensive, and can sometimes be found at Gander Mountain. Try Cabela's too, I think I remember seeing them there.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Spike

uwpce,

Thanks for posting that link. I've been looking for something exactly like that, went to two sporting goods stores so far with no luck. Will order one of those. Price is reasonable also.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have used the icebreaker boot blankets but use a hand muff of a different material as the outer layer of these products are a little noisy. When using the boot blankets take a couple of pillow cases and wrap them around the boot blanket which will make it a lot more quiet. I also use those chemical heaters in my muff and boots which also helps to keep me warm. I have used this combo when up in saskatchewan and it got to about 15-20 Fbelow zero.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

cabelas has a good selections of both gloves and mittens, their website www.cabelas.com has a smaller selection then the catalog so try both. i actually looked intoa pair in the catalog that fits the description that u mentioned. they were wool mittens w/ thinsulate and thinsulate liners and had a finger hole that could be opened and closed.