Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Sotting scopes, what's best?  Leica? >

Sotting scopes, what's best? Leica?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sotting scopes, what's best? Leica?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Spike

Default Sotting scopes, what's best? Leica?

I'm thinking of purchasing a quality spotting scope. Has anyone had experience with the Leica 77. Any other ideas out there and where do you get the best deal.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 AM

Default RE: Sotting scopes, what's best? Leica?

Binoculars.com seem to have prices a little lower than swfa (riflescoepes.com). Also check with Cabela's and better view desired.
Incedently, outdoorlife.com, the online comapnion to the famous sporting magazine, has a best of every year. in every category incl, spotting scopes, they have an editor's choice and a best buy. the editor's choice category is thr item that the tester (8 of them I think) all agree is the creme de la creme regardless of price. The best buy is just what is says. For 2002, and 2003, they picked the Zeiss Diascopeas the editor's choice ,65mm, and 80mm respectively. In 2004 they picked the nikon 82mmED field scope as the best. Best buys included the Kowa TS502, and Alpen 719. However, I am sure that the Leica Televid, Swarovski STS and the Meopta TGA series' are all excellent. With quality that high, it is probably ergonomics, styling and price that deduce clinch the deal.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Simmons Master Series 20-60x80mm
Old 12-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Swarovski AT-80 High Definition . It's simply an outstanding piece of glass. Like already stated when you get to the top end models, they are all going to be good, it gets down to personal preference and price. I would suggest that you try the straight and angled eye pieces and see what one you like better. I chose the 45 degree model due tro it;s being a bit more flexible. I also would suggest you give the 360 degree quick releaseball mount for the tripod.

Here is a pic of mine.....

Old 12-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like already stated when you get to the top end models, they are all going to be good, it gets down to personal preference and price. I would suggest that you try the straight and angled eye pieces and see what one you like better. I chose the 45 degree model due tro it;s being a bit more flexible. I also would suggest you give the 360 degree quick releaseball mount for the tripod.
Some great advice! That's about all you need to know. The rest is up to preference and price. Good luck
Old 12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Spike

Thanks for info All, I have a while till next season so I'll be doing some looking