Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scent Lock clothing

Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scent Lock clothing

I have never used the scent lock type clothing, mostly due to price. I never felt I had a real need for them, then again, I'm not sure how many I've missed due to my scent reaching them before I see them. Question is this:To those of you who have used them, do you think they are really worth it? Is the spray on scent cover good enough? Should I use both? Am I over thinking this?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent Lock clothing

its a personal thing. some here will say its not worth it. others swear by it. i have scent lok. i personally think it helps. but for nothing else if it keeps me thinking ive done everything i8 can and i stay on stand a little longer becuz of that. thats what im looking for.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:49 PM

people will argue and say that they killed deer for years without it which is true and you can but scent control gives you the ultimate edge and the chance to see more deer and closer shots. i use the base slayers with the savanah as my second and third layers and i have not been winded yet in the three years of using it.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think I could get away with just the under layer? Or would this be a waste of money without the outer layer. Kinda on a budget. Logic tells me that some is better than nothing, but I just wanted your two cents.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:07 AM

IF YOUR ON A BUDGET THE BEST THING TO DO IS BUY THE SAVANAH LIGHTWEIGHT COVERALLS BY SCENTLOK AND GET ONE SIZE BIGGER THEN NORMAL FOR YOU SO THIS WAY YOU CAN WEAR CLOTHES UNDERNEATH WHEN ITS COLDER AND YOU CAN WEAR SHORTS IN THE WARMER WEATHER UNDER IT AND THEY ARE ONLY LIKE 100 BUCKS.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have they do not work. Because for them to work as advertised they would have to be sealed from the factory and the charcoal requires very high temperatures to reactivate.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:20 PM

well for scentlok to work entirely the right way by manufacturers standpoints its a layer system.with 3 layers giving you total scent containment but we were talking about on a budget and the savanahs are the best product for the money. to recharge the carbon you simply throw it in the dryer before hunting like you would any carbon lined apparel. ive been using the savanahs ever since a scentlok rep handed them to me to try before they were out in stores and have never had an issue other then success.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using scent blocker plus for the last 4 seasons and have only gotten picked off once. I also use a spray on cover scent. You need to use both if you want to minimize your scent. They are easy to clean and reactivate. Just wash them in cold water on gentle cycle with CARBON CAMO WASH. That is the only thing to wash carbon camos with.Hang dry. After they are completely dry throw them in the dryer on medium heat to 30 minutes. If you are going to spend this much on camosI strongly suggest getting a scent free protection storage bag.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Poor man's ScentLok

Here's a way to try them cheaply , I have used this exact suit before and it did seem to reduce my scent . It will have to be aired out thoroughly before use , DO NOT PUT IN THE WASHER . I used spray on Fresh Earth on the outside . Four does walked upwind to me from a bedding area and came withing a few feet of me . I had some persimmon scented food attractant on a hand warmer , and it seemed like that was al they were smelling . These things are very warm , don't wear them until the temps are 40 or less .

Are branded scent reducing garments worth what they cost ? Not IMHO , they are very expensive compared to the garment in the above link , and a temporary solution at best . Neither of them will fool an older buck if the wind is against you .
Old 11-07-2005, 07:48 PM

i purchased the savannah coveralls when they first came out and i can honestly say it has been the most indispensible peice of equipment i have. i have watched deer walk directly downwind and not know i was there at close range. after watchin this confidence levels go way up and you hunt more comfortably knowing you have an edge

Quick Reply: Scent Lock clothing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.