Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

The Heater Body Suit

Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM

Default The Heater Body Suit

Has anyone used the Heater Body Suit? It's like a sleeping bag with straps so you can shoot your bow or gun. It around $320.00. Wondering if it's worth the $$

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The Heater Body Suit

I haven't used it personally but everything I have heard about it is favorable. I would be hardpressed to believe it is worth that amount though. I believe some of the high end Cabelas coveralls work just as well and aren't quite as expensive.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks very restraning and clumsey to me
Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 AM

I have been toying with getting this also, but I do not really need one more thing to tote around. I too am curious if anyone has any experience with one.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Just cut some armholes in a cheap sleeping bag , that's really all they did . Insulated coveralls are way cheaper and less restrictive .
Old 10-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just cut some armholes in a cheap sleeping bag , that's really all they did
Seriously? Did you have to restitch where you cut the holes out? Did it work well?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

all they did
Not me , the folks who make that suit .

I have considered it though , in fact I carry a lightweight sleeping bag for sitting in my climber or pop-up blind . It comes in handy for the late morning nap .
Old 10-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is all I need. I am accident prone so as it is. I don't need to dose off in the stand. That sleeping bag idea has some merit though. I probably could even use a cheap one from Walmart and get good results.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Check out the bags here...

Look at these surplus bags. They even have some with hoods and sleeves.
http://www.imsplus.com/ims61c.html
Old 10-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: Check out the bags here...

I have had one of these suits for two years.I think it is worth the money.I am now able to sit in a tree all day with temps in the 20's-30's with the wind up to 20-25 mph.Very good design I think.Another big plus is keeping your hands warm,just unzip the suit and shoot.I also got the waterproof type suit and the deer never hear me upzip.I had tried about everything insulated underwear,insulated coveralls and this heater body suit beats all.I have to walk uphill to my best stand about one mile.My pack with climber weights over 50 pounds.I do not put on the suit until I am in the stand.This works very well just regular clothes going to and from stand and not being all sweaty when I get to the stand.

Quick Reply: The Heater Body Suit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.