Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves >

Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves

Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves

I have read the posts about the boot covers and I am thinking of buying a pair. I get really cold feet when still hunting. My question is have any of you had any experience whith their gloves for cold weather? I have the same problem with my hands getting cold.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves

I used them last year and they do work. I actually only wore light weight boots last year because of them. A trick I used was totape a hand warmer to the top of your boot before putting the covers on, toes stayed nice and toasty
Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 AM

Thanks Av,
Does anyone have any experiences with the gloves?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

No experience with the gloves but would suggest you check out the alternative to the Arctic Shield boot covers. The name escapes me right now but I have a pair..Ice-Breaker maybe? They are somewhat bulkier but work better at keeping your feet warm in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:21 PM

PA,
If you remember the name of the ones that your talking about let me know. I'm not planning on buying anything for a couple of weeks.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:15 PM

I have the system glove. It's the lightweight glove inside the Glomitt. I used them last year and liked them best of anything I've used so far. I live in SE virginia so the winters here aren't anywhere near what you have in Co. but I liked them. With a mycoal hand warmer I would imagine they would be right toasty.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Spike

Adding to what PA mentioned...

Ice Breaker has a product called Boot Blankets. They look like huge slippers. You slide you boots into them, and zip up the back. They come in various camo patterns. They are very bulky, but do keep your feet very warm. You can not walk around in them or you will damage the bottom of the boot.

Also from Ice Breaker is their Hand Muff. I have used this product for almost 15 years now. The muff is nicly insulated, and can be worn around the waist so when you need to shoot, it's out of the way. Normally I take a very thin pair of gloves into the woods, just something to wear when ascending or descending a tree with the metal treestand. They also come in a few camo patterns.

I gun hunt in Northern Wisconsin, and it can get cold. These items sure do help when stand hunting.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:08 AM

I used their camp gloves last year, and liked them. They kept me as warm as my bigger bulkier gloves, but my fingers still got cold. This may have been because I wore glove liners. I am going to try to use them w/o the liners this year. The best system I found so far is to use a handwarmer that straps around your body, like the ones football players use. I put a set of handwarmers in andam are set for the day. It may be harder to do this when still hunting though.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:13 PM

Popere,

I tried both the boot insulators and glove system in Wyo last year. I did not like these because during the cold weather, they were very noisy when I moved. I have since switched to wool gloves and wool gaiters.

Regards,

GS
Old 10-12-2005, 06:29 AM

I ended up ordering the icebreakers from Cabelas but when they arrived they look like flinstone boots. They are a lot bigger that I thought. There would have been no way that I could pack them in my daypack.

I sent them back to Cabelas and bought the arctic sheild boot covers from sportsmans warehouse. These will easily pack up in my daypack. Hopefully they will keep my feet warm when sitting. I did buy some of those toe warmer packs to throw in there just in case.

Quick Reply: Arctic Shield boot covers and gloves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.