Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Try this with your Thermacel!

Old 08-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default Try this with your Thermacel!

My son and I were shooting from my front porch last night. I turned the lights on and within 5 min. we were ready to head inside because of the insect invasion. I wanted to test out my new toy so I fired up the Thermacel and in short order ,even with the overhead light on, there were NO biting bugs swarming us! If this thing works this well here it has to be the best thing since sliced bread!

SF
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Try this with your Thermacel!

Yes, it works wonders. I saw a post for it here a couple of months ago and all the posters swore by it so I bought one(it was only $30 or so). I took it coyote hunting with me last weekend. When I first sat down the mosquitos swarmed me, but within 10 minutes of turning my thermacell on they were gone. They undercharge for this thing in my opinion, I would have paid $100 or more for it.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt down here in Florida & I'd rather forget my gun than my Thermacell. No more hot bug tamer, I can just sit in the stand in a short sleeve t-shirt & no bugs. We've been using them for a couple years & it is a don't leave home with out it item!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a couple of questions for those whohaveused the thermacell deer hunting. Does it give off odor that deer can smell? How long do the cartridges last before you must replace them?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

I am sure they could smell it but it is a vapor. I can not smell it unless I am right over the unit but there nose is a lot better than ours. IMO human scent is what hits a nerve with deer. It is heated and heat rises so I hope it will be well above the scent stream.

I have only used it this once so I can't answer you question about how long it will last. Thefuel is still 3/4 full and I ran it for about two hours. The scent pad will turnfrom blue to white when it is used up and mine is starting to turn in a few places. Mine came with 3 pads and one bottle of fuel.

SF
Old 08-24-2005, 07:13 AM

The pads will last about 2 hours and the fuel cartridge will last about 6 hours or so. I cannot smell it when it is on, but if you play the wind right the deer won't smell it either. If you are not playing the wind right the deer will smell you anyway. Also if the skeeters are out, you will be fidgeting a lot more anyway and the deer will definetely see that, with the thermacell there will not be any skeeters by you.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've had several deer right under my tree stand while the Thermcell was burning away, one was a five point buck last year, he never seemed to notice anything until my 45 cal knight caught him in the neck
Old 08-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Thermacells are worth their weight in gold.A friend at work was telling me that Walgreensand places that sell heated curling irons sell the gas cartridges. He told me they(Walgreens) also sell the cards. According to him they are allot cheaper then buying the Thermacell refills..I would imagine any place that sells hair products carry the cartridges.Of course they're no good without the cards.It might be worth checking into.

Ruger Redhawk

Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

You have to try one of these if you use the Thermacell in a treestand.
100 times better then putting it on the base of your stand, just to kick it off later.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/silbowhunter/DSC00147.jpg
Old 09-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

here is another shot of it.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/silbowhunter/ThermacellQDMount.jpg

Quick Reply: Try this with your Thermacel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.