Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

cuddebackdigital

Old 07-05-2005, 09:06 PM

Default cuddebackdigital

I have recently bought a new cuddeback digital scouting camera and in 2 weeks i have went through 2 sets of batteries.I use duracell batteries i have only taken about 30 pics on each set of batteries. when I go to check the camera and try to view the pics the words fade out as Im scrolling. is it possible that it is to hot ,Im in north florida and its been about 96 degrees out during the day. Sometimes when i try to check the camera it freezes up and the name keeps scrolling by and i have to take the batteries out to reset it to view the pics.Any info would be helpful thanks.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:39 PM

Default RE: cuddebackdigital

I think I would contact the company about the problem. I usually get about 1500 pics on one set of batteries, it is hands down the best game cam Ive ever used, and Ive owned six different brands. The company will tell you if there is a problem, and will make it right with you, I dont think you will be dissappointed.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

i had very similar problems to the point where one day it totally locked up on me to where i couldnt even put in my password, i contacted the company and they sent me another one since then its been amazing averagign liek 30 pics a night since the beginning of june
Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Cuddeback that quit working for me as well and I took it back. There are much better digital scouting cameras available. Get your money back and get one that has a real digital camera in it. I have a Nature Qwest and a Penn's Woods that are both real nice cameras. I also have had Leaf River and Bushnell and they are not as good.

John
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got rid of both my Cuddebacks and picked up a pair of Leaf Rivers and I'm MUCH happier with these cams and their quailty of both image controls.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah you have something going on with your Cuddeback. I've taken over 4000 pics with mine andon aboutmy 4 th set of batteries, The pic quality is excellent and I really like all the features they offer. Anybody know what the battery life on a LR is?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

The Leaf River I'm testing is still operating on the batteries that I installed in March. On the other hand I just change out rechargeable batteries on two of the other cameras and one has a 9 volt battery that has been operating the electronics since November. I prefer using the rechargeable AA batteries when I can.

The Leaf River takes 4 D and 3 C cell batteries.

John