Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Electric ATV's?

Old 05-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Electric ATV's?

Keep seeing ad's for ? i forgot the name, badboyz atz?
on various outdoor shows,
ad's are working because i now want to look into it,
anyone have opinion on electric ATV's?
for my use, would be some work, but mostly scouting and hunting,
and like the idea of clean(less odor trail), quiet atv for scouting and hunting.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Electric ATV's?

They already have those. They're called golf carts.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:46 PM

It would be quieter thats for sure but you would lose like 90% of the power and couldnt go fast or anything like that at all. It wouldnt have any torque to tow anything either (if you tow)
Old 05-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

No torque? That's exactly what an electric motor produces. The new Lexus hybred SUV is supposed to be a rocketship at a stoplight.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Icedragon

It would be quieter thats for sure but you would lose like 90% of the power and couldnt go fast or anything like that at all. It wouldnt have any torque to tow anything either (if you tow)
------------
I believe Gorilla 1000W Electric ATV's have 4000-5000 lb towing capacity,
electric motors are great for towing and torque,
Airports use electric vehicles to tow airplanes,
also electric vehicles are common in industrial applications,
only problem in the past was getting them small enough and cheap enough,
looks like we are reaching that point,
Old 05-31-2005, 11:33 AM

Ah bla, apperently I dont know anything, oh well. I always thought electric equipment was always junk.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:58 PM

www.badboybuggies.com/prostaff.html
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 PM

Ah bla, apperently I dont know anything, oh well. I always thought electric equipment was always junk.
It used to be, but no more! You might be impressed at what they are putting in these nowadays! Like with other engines, it's a matter of what they decide to put in them vs. what we are willing to spend for performance. BUT - they still haven't figured out a way for us to avoid being stuck with a dead battery! You can't carry a spare cell like you can a spare gallon or two!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

No doubt about it, it'd have plenty of torque. I work at a glass factory and they tow loads in excess of 25 tons with a 48 volt electric forklift. But, along with the problem with the spare battery, you'd also have to consider trying to work on it should you have problems with it. I used to be a forklift mechanic and let me tell you, they can be a BEAR to deal with!! The idea sounds good, but I personally don't think they'll fly.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: jones123

It used to be, but no more! You might be impressed at what they are putting in these nowadays! Like with other engines, it's a matter of what they decide to put in them vs. what we are willing to spend for performance. BUT - they still haven't figured out a way for us to avoid being stuck with a dead battery! You can't carry a spare cell like you can a spare gallon or two!
I didnt even know thay were doing anything with them. Do you think they can EVER become more powerful than gasoline engines? I dont think so but do you?

Quick Reply: Electric ATV's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.