Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines >

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines

Old 12-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Spike

Default Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines

Hi, my name is Brian Cluff and I stumbled across this site the other day. I raise and train German Shorthairs and English Pointers as a hobby. I am not a dog breeder. I have however gone to great lengths to find dogs with the right bloodlines and qualities from across the nation. The qualities that I think are important for a dog to have naturally and be able to develop are bidability, an awesome nose, style, stamina, and a willingness to retrieve. Occasionally I will have finished dogs for sale as I bring in new pups and try out different bloodlines.

Duke- I bought Duke as a puppy and he was the pick of the litter. He has turned out to be a very stylish and classy gundog. He is a Honky Tonk Attitude grandson and has a strong influence of Elhew Strike on his dams side. He is a natural retriever with a soft mouth and has a cannon for a nose!! He also has some of the HTA style and head crank!! (Click on thumbnails below to view full image)

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines-duke-point-mt.-graham.jpg

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines-duke-backing.jpg

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines-duke-hunting-3.jpg

Finished English Pointer - HTA x Elhew "Strike" Lines-duke-honoring-point.jpg

Duke has been hunted for two seasons on Gambles, Scaled, and Mearns quail. He has also been used on preserve guided hunts for Chuckar, Bobwhite and Pheasants. This dog loves to retrieve and has a soft mouth. He will adjust to the cover your in and hunts anywhere from 50-150 yds out. He will range further however if you allow him to. Duke is a beautiful dog to watch in the field. He has a solid white body and a perfect mask. This really makes him stand out while hunting or to the judges in field trials. He is a very muscular and athletic dog. He is not however hard headed as some of the more powerful dogs can be. He is eager to please, and would rather hunt birds than anything else!! He is broke steady to wing, shot, and fall and will back another dog on-site. He is very honest on his birds. He'll be 3-years old in January and is just starting to hit his stride!! Duke's sire "Angel's High Moon" was a 6X CH 2X Regional CH in NSTRA and one of the top dogs in the Arizona region. Price $2,300. I will consider a full or partial trade for a light field model 20 Ga. O/U, preferably a Browning, Berreta, or Yildz in good or very good condition. Willing to meet part way to deliver. You can reach me at (928)792-3301 or send an email to [email protected] . If I don't answer leave a message and I'll call you back after work.

Duke has an Awesome Pedigree. His Grandsire is CH "Honky Tonk Attitude". His dam had "Elhew Strike" 5 times in four generations. Clink on link below to view four generation pedigree.

Duke's Pedigree

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to you and Your Dogs!

Brian Cluff
Safford, AZ
Highway Ends Kennel - Website