Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
how to train a hog dog >

how to train a hog dog

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

how to train a hog dog

Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Spike

Question how to train a hog dog

well iv been a hunter for a wile now and just recently went to a big pet adoption event that all the local shelters where hosting and found a new friend.

the paper work says its a boxer mix but i say no way in hell its black mouth cur all the way thats y i bought her (50 bucks all shots and checkups w/micro chip and 1 month guarantee. gona have her dna tested next time i go to the vet.

my question is how do i introduce her to hog tracking/hunting do i just bring her with me and see what she does or if she is afraid which i doubt she will be.

shes young now so she cant hold off a full size pig but i figured id bring her on my next hunt to see what happens not to actualy send her after the pig but to see how she reacts the the situation of the woods and me getting on one and shanking it or shooting it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Spike

Hey there i best way i can tell u is to let her work a small hog first and give her a pat on the back when she does good if its in her blood she will take to it farlly well but if not don't pressure her to do it she will get killed good look and good hunting