Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 3 male AKC Lab Pups >

3 male AKC Lab Pups

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

3 male AKC Lab Pups

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3 male AKC Lab Pups

ORIGINAL: JoeBigSky

A hah. There is a "block" function that is at the lower left of each of Doc E's rants. Works like a charm.

Thanks mods.
Do you have a problem with the truth?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Spike

Doc you really no how to make friends on here. If you care so much for the wellness of breeds how come you only single out people with labs on here? Shouldn't you be attacking everyones post no matter what the breed. People like you really no how to mess up a forum, ignorant a-holes make me want to [:'(]

Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know Doc but I share is worries about backyard breeders. I know firsthand what difference you can expect from a dog from a reputable breeder versus a backyard breeder. People who breed dogs to make money and do no genetic testing are not doing the breed a favor and are creating more problems that it's worth. For the record most people think of labs as high energy, hyper and the bigger the better. The breed standard is far from what most backyard breeders are producing and a well bred lab should never be hyper, their tail should look like an otter tail and they should have a slight slope from their front shoulders to their tail. Here is a pic of a well bred lab for reference.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vindog

1. Doc you really no how to make friends on here.

2. If you care so much for the wellness of breeds how come you only single out people with labs on here? Shouldn't you be attacking everyones post no matter what the breed.

3. People like you really no how to mess up a forum, ignorant a-holes make me want to [:'(]
1. It seems the only people who are upset by my posts are those that are likely to be breeding dogs with crappy genetics. I'm not here to make friends -- I'm here to make people think and to help people become informed consumers. In the dog world, it's certainly "buyer beware" and by having factual information, it helps the prospective buyer be better informed and educated.Too bad you don't see the value of knowledge.

2.Because I'm a "Lab Guy" andI don't know about the genetic problems of other breeds.

3. Please continue living in your world of denial if you wish. And, don't hurt yourself puking.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeBigSky

A hah. There is a "block" function that is at the lower left of each of Doc E's rants. Works like a charm.

Thanks mods.
Ignorance can be cured -- stupid is forever
I guess you have a condition that will last forever.
Do you actually think thatnot facing thefacts makes the problem go away?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Spike

I for one ask all of the potential breeders whose puppies I maybe interested in on their health certs. I refuse to pay $400 for a dog who hasn't had it done on the parents at least. In fact, I refuse to pay anything over probably $200 on a dog who hasn't. I also ask about a guarantee, which I expect on puppies at the $350-400 range and up. It should be no problem to give one if you're breeding quality labs. In fact, I would consider paying $650-700 for a well bred, fully health certified, heath guaranteed pup. But that would be the absolute limit.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I appreciate this dialogue. preserving the breed is so important-- I have 2 yr old black, bred by a real professional, all testing done, great lines documented, etc. he is a true example of what a lab should be, gentle personality anything but hyper, and eager to please-- has the classic block head of an english line-- but thats what I was looking for, I do hunt tests w him, train him w live birds 2-3 days/week, he's been to MT, N and S Dakota and gets it done. Its almost like there are people out their, who don't necessarily need or want that standardd (boy are they missing out in life) And these other dogs have become a different breed-- but thats their choice, not to do their homework, understand the breeds potential and get what they pay for. At the time, I thought maybe Ipaid too much, 1200-- but I tell you, this animal is priceless. I am thinking about getting back in touch w my breeder to let her handle best way to breed him,find the right female-- because his bloodline is too good to end with him. All I can say is do your homework, andbuyer beware, applies here in a big way.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maritime363

I appreciate this dialogue. preserving the breed is so important-- I have 2 yr old black, bred by a real professional, all testing done, great lines documented, etc. he is a true example of what a lab should be, gentle personality anything but hyper, and eager to please-- has the classic block head of an english line-- but thats what I was looking for, I do hunt tests w him, train him w live birds 2-3 days/week, he's been to MT, N and S Dakota and gets it done. Its almost like there are people out their, who don't necessarily need or want that standardd (boy are they missing out in life) And these other dogs have become a different breed-- but thats their choice, not to do their homework, understand the breeds potential and get what they pay for. At the time, I thought maybe Ipaid too much, 1200-- but I tell you, this animal is priceless. I am thinking about getting back in touch w my breeder to let her handle best way to breed him,find the right female-- because his bloodline is too good to end with him. All I can say is do your homework, andbuyer beware, applies here in a big way.
Did your breeder sell him with the right to breed him? Most breeders like the one you got yours from sell their dogs on a "Pet Home" basis and have a clause against breeding them. My ex wife has my two labs and both came with a limited ownership in the papers stating if they would be kept and not spayed that I had to show them and would have co-ownership in any future breeding. One of them was out of "Tabitha's Rollick at Carrowby" so I decided to spay and hunt instead of hit the dog shows
Old 09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

What it all comes down to is the guy wants to know what he's getting for his money ! Buying a dog isn't a one time payment,it's an investment for what hopefully will be a longterm companion that will cost many many times more than the price of the pup.Nothing unfair about a guy asking questions before he parts with his hard earned cash !
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 PM

Pups are sold. FYI parents, grandparents, and great-grandparent have all certs and are genetically clean. I gladly give this information to people along with copies of their pedigrees to people who contact me and are serious about buying one of my pups. I sell my pups at a very fair price and by the time the last one is sold, I pretty much break even, so I do not make a profit off my dog. My female is a cherished part of my family and lives to hunt. I also make potential owners fill out a resume and background checks because I do not sell my pups to just anyone.

Thanks for all of your concerns about my so called “backyard breeding”

Quick Reply: 3 male AKC Lab Pups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.