HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3 male AKC Lab Pups
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
maritime363
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3 male AKC Lab Pups

I appreciate this dialogue. preserving the breed is so important-- I have 2 yr old black, bred by a real professional, all testing done, great lines documented, etc. he is a true example of what a lab should be, gentle personality anything but hyper, and eager to please-- has the classic block head of an english line-- but thats what I was looking for, I do hunt tests w him, train him w live birds 2-3 days/week, he's been to MT, N and S Dakota and gets it done. Its almost like there are people out their, who don't necessarily need or want that standardd (boy are they missing out in life) And these other dogs have become a different breed-- but thats their choice, not to do their homework, understand the breeds potential and get what they pay for. At the time, I thought maybe Ipaid too much, 1200-- but I tell you, this animal is priceless. I am thinking about getting back in touch w my breeder to let her handle best way to breed him,find the right female-- because his bloodline is too good to end with him. All I can say is do your homework, andbuyer beware, applies here in a big way.