Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 Train your bird dog in exchange for a pheasant hunt >

Train your bird dog in exchange for a pheasant hunt

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

Train your bird dog in exchange for a pheasant hunt

Old 07-11-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Train your bird dog in exchange for a pheasant hunt

ACCESS TO HUNTING in the PHEASANT BELT
for 7 to 10 days of pheasant hunting including time for you to work with your dog in training during the pheasant hunts.

I am an avid bird hunter for many years and have trained both pointers and flushers. Presently, i have 2 brittany pointers and recently became owner of a 6/8 month black lab. I may be talked into having the black lab as part of the deal for this fall. By October, he should have good retreiving and pheasant hunting skills. If you prefer another breed, you would have to purchase one asap so that i could train him for fall hunting.
I use positive control and usually only use the electronic collar after he knows the command but chooses to be disobediant.
The training will only work if you continue the training by spending time with him as a friend. The huntingdays in the fall will provide you and your dog in training an opportunity to become hunting companions.
I live in mid Michigan// tele# 1-231-972-7172........thanks..larry schultz