Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE FELLARS >

NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE FELLARS

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE FELLARS

Old 04-03-2006, 12:03 AM

Default NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE FELLARS

I bought aGSP around march of last year and i ask the man about getting papers on my dog and he said that the sire haddieda month before and that he could'nt get paperson the pup because of this .Is this true,if not what do you think i need to do. Reason being is that i would like have her bred and sell the pups.I hunted he this season and man does she know her stuff.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE FELLARS

ORIGINAL: superslam

I bought aGSP around march of last year and i ask the man about getting papers on my dog and he said that the sire haddieda month before and that he could'nt get paperson the pup because of this .
100% unadulterated BS.

Look at the numerous breedings taking place with frozen semen from dogs that have been dead for many years.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:04 PM

Alot of breeders and other people are sometimes hard to get paperwork from.
if you have problems contact Bernie at the American Field if it is registered AFSD if it is akc try contacting them
When I sale a dog Paperwork is given at the time the dog is picked up or shipped and payment is recieved
this is good business practices try not to get involved with i mail em to ya

Old 04-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

If the sire was registered then the pup can be registered. It's probably that the person who sold you the was too lazy to fill-out the paperwork on the litter or the dog has questionable ancestry.ut

But if you're going to bred the dog, be responsible. At a minimum do a OFA hip screening. Better yet, PenHip, OFA elbows and CERF eyes before breeding. You don't want to pass on bad genes. The difference between a backyard breeder and a hobby breeder is knowledge (when to breed, how to breed, whom to breed). I bypassed breeding with my Llewellin setter because of cost. To breed her would have costed the screenings, and the cost of flight to the east coast to find the proper sire. Not many Llews on the west coast. Don't get me wrong, she's has a tremendous bird drive which all Llews seem to have but doesn't have enough of a stylish point to justify breeding. (BTW, at Nationals at Ames, there were 5 or 6 setters with 90% Llewellin blood, so I was told.)