Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 10 wk old Pointer for adoption >

10 wk old Pointer for adoption

Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

10 wk old Pointer for adoption

Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 PM

Default 10 wk old Pointer for adoption

I wanted to let anyone in the Northern Illinois area know about a pointer that is up for adoption. It is female and about 10 weeks old. I don’t know if she has any strong pointing tendencies, as I haven’t gotten to see the dog first hand. You can contact Kathy Hubbardat Kanosak Canine Training. The number is (815) 899 HEEL. Tell her that you heard about the adoption from James. I am sure she will make somebody a good bird dog.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:54 PM

Default RE: 10 wk old Pointer for adoption

Hey James,

I called and left a message for Kathy and did not hear back yet. Do you have any additional info on the pointer? Thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 03:03 PM

Is it true that some of the bird dog rescues will pay fot the training on dogs if they have found a repitable home? I had a buddy that got one in Maryland I think,and that is what he done at a buddy of mines place?? Just wondering, Thanks Jonesy
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 AM

Waterfowler, I dont have any other info on the dog. I talked to Kathy on Monday and she had told me about this new puppy. I will see her again on Monday and ask her again, although I am sure she will get back to you before then. You may be able to call the T.A.I.L.S. orginization in DeKalb, as I am sure this dog is through them, and she is the foster Mom. She chairs this org so they should know who you are talking about when you call. The number for TAILS is (815) 75 TAILS. Good Luck, and let me know if you get her.

Trailcrackin, This dog is being held by TAILS which is the local animal shelter. I know that they give discounts for obedience training, but nothing as far as hunting training. I have never heard of any of the resuce shelters (bird dog specific) offering that. I bet it would be a good way to get more people looking into adoption.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:53 AM

Waterfowler, I spoke with Kathy last night and she mentioned that someone had called her from this forum. It sounded pretty positive. Hope everything goes well. If you end up getting the pup, post a photo.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 AM

James, I would personally like to let a lot of gratitudes go to you, along with Kathy, and along with waterfowler, God Bless you all, thanks man, this can be a very cool thing, thanks again, Dave Jones Jonesy's Gun Dogs, hate seeing the unwanted. It will always come out in the wash!! Sure it won't be forgottenHave a great day, Jonesy
Old 01-22-2006, 05:52 PM

Thanks Jonesy. I just started looking for a pointing breed and I figured I would do something that might help out a dog in need.

James, Kathy called back and I guess they had a family on a waiting list for a pointer since the family had to give back a pointer they adopted that was separated from their owner in Katrina and later claimed. But she was very nice and very helpful – thanks for making the effort.

The day after she called I visited a website with local classifieds and saw an ad for an adoption ($100) of a 12 week GSP only an hour from my house. I gave them a call and have the pup sleeping on my lap as I type this. He is a great looking pup and both of his parents pedigree look good. I have him chasing after a pheasants wing already and so far so good. The only thing I have a hard time with right now is getting my one year old (jealous) Boykin to be a little more accepting of him.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 AM

Waterfowler, congrats on the new GSP! I think it is a great thing to adopt a pup. I think your older dog will settle down as time goes on. He is just trying to let the new pup know who is going to be the pack leader. I had the same problem with my pup and my in-laws 4 y/o black labs. They get along good now, but it took a while before they were accepting of him. Good luck on the training, and maybe we will see eachother in the fields.