Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 training with live birds >

training with live birds

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

training with live birds

Old 07-17-2005, 08:21 PM

Default training with live birds

I have a very young GSP and live in Va. I have been looking very unsuccessfully for live birds such as pigeons or maybe quail to train my young bird dog. Does anyone have any information at all on how I might be able to obtain live birds in Virginia?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:35 AM

Default RE: training with live birds

Neonmoon,
I have a bird farm in Oh and I can ship to VA, Normally I work out discount from the members to this site.
I would sug pigeons if you can set them up right you can use them over and over.
Let me know if I can help you out.

[email protected]

Old 08-10-2005, 01:15 PM

Default RE: training with live birds

I live in NC but near the Virginia border(Danville/South Boston area). I have some pigeons that I am willing to sell. I sell homers for $7 each and warehousers for $4 each. You can come pick them up or if you live far I can ship them at your cost, which shouldn't be to much depending on where in VA your located. The warehouser are just as good for training but if you want birds to return to a coop or recall pen then you will need to put boxes in the pen and raise some young and the young will be just like homers.