Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

wild hogs kill woman

Old 11-27-2019, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default wild hogs kill woman

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-wom...ragic-incident

Feral hogs attacked and killed a woman outside a southeast Texas home where she worked as a caretaker, according to authorities

hristine Rollins, 59, cared for an elderly couple at their home in the small town of Anahuac.

"Unbelievably tragic. This is a very rare incident, just what little research we have found less than six of these have been reported in the nation," Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said.

Hawthorne said Monday the 84-year-old woman she cared for was waiting for Rollins to arrive on Sunday. The woman went outside and found the woman in the front yard between her car and the front door.

Hawthorne said Rollins had a severe head wound and several other injuries consistent with an animal bite.
The coroner in neighboring Jefferson County ruled Monday that she bled to death after an attack by feral hogs.
Texas’ KATU2 reported that the medical examiner said the cause of death was “exsanguination due to feral hog assault."

GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Anahuac is just over 40 miles east of Houston.

Last edited by hardcastonly; 11-27-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Crazy things can happen.

Pays to be ready.

-Jake
Old 12-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Well, it is unbelievable because the story is so screwy.
1) No witnesses
a) nobody saw anything
b) nobody heard anything
c) not on video
2) Nobody knows how she go her significant "head injury"
3) Hogs virtually never attack unprovoked
4) Only 4 known deaths from feral hogs since the 1870s and 3 were by hogs wounded first by hunters (hence were provoked attacks)
5) Feral hogs usually run/move away from humans and vehicles
6) It was a very short distance between the victim's car and the door
7) Nobody ever said what the evidence was that the COD was due to hogs
Old 04-05-2020, 03:57 AM
Spike

Very vague details, sounds a bit suspicious to me but weirder things have happened I guess.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mkhtk79
Very vague details, sounds a bit suspicious to me but weirder things have happened I guess.
Hogs like many wild animals and even some domesticated animals can be notional. Not an everyday occurrence but Hog attacks aren't all that unusual either. But like Doublenaut mentioned. mostly when wounded, trapped or cornered.
A buddy of mine made the local Newspapers, he killed an attacking Hog with his knife. The hog had been hit by brush hog and wounded. My buddy and the farmer were tracking it when it attacked. Too close to shoot, he used his knife. Thankfully he had a pair of leather pants on, got bruised up but not opened up.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:26 AM
Spike

Wow that is crazy. Prayers to her family.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Spike

It is very danger to kill woman and I think it is careless of authority who are liable to keep safety for public from dangerous Animals and other
Old 08-05-2021, 02:55 AM
Spike

It's a terrible story.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where in the world did these last three posters come from? They showed up to comment on an almost 3 year old post.