Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
3 Hogs Down In <13 Seconds, Head Shot and Thread Needle Shot >

3 Hogs Down In <13 Seconds, Head Shot and Thread Needle Shot

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

3 Hogs Down In <13 Seconds, Head Shot and Thread Needle Shot

Old 11-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default 3 Hogs Down In <13 Seconds, Head Shot and Thread Needle Shot

Hunted for 6 hours at my place to kill time while waiting to hunt at my neighbor's place. His game camera said hogs were coming in around 2 AM and so I figured I would be in place there by midnight to wait for his hogs, hopefully after some success at my place. I had hogs showing up at my place for the last few days, but with no regular pattern and they didn't show while I was there. In fact, I saw a total of 4 animals at my place and that was it! I get to my neighbor's place and I am wandering around the field trying to find a good observation point when I spied the hogs coming in and so I kneeled down in hopes they would not see me. The moon was up and bright enough that I figured I was pretty obvious there in the middle of the field. Then they sort of spread out and I realized I could not swing left to right while kneeling and had to stand up.

I never figured this to be more than 1 or 2 shots. It is a very small field with woods on three sides for quick and easy escape, plus a small grove in the middle of the pasture. I got lucky and the hogs did not run helter skelter. My guess (after the fact) is that they had not been hunted before. I dropped the first when it came into the open. That shot prompted the 2nd to run into the open and I dropped it with a quick head shot and then popped it again because I had no idea where I had shot it. The third hog seemed confused and was mostly hidden from view, but I could see his ears between a couple of trees and threaded the needle to put him down.

Under normal circumstances when I had not already been shooting already, I would not have taken the shot between the trees. I would have waited for a better shot, but that was not the situation at the time.

Landowner is happy and is going to monitor his game camera to see of others are still coming.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that is some good shooting there. You held that rifle really steady for shooting while standing.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

LOL, I did have shooting sticks. I nearly always using shooting sticks.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

However you got it done, it is still some impressive shooting.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Spike

Whata deal!

Good shootin'.