Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Looking into Florida hog hunts.... >

Looking into Florida hog hunts....

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Looking into Florida hog hunts....

Old 12-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Looking into Florida hog hunts....

Will be in florida at the end of January on our honeymoon... She's "given me permission" to schedule a one day hog hunt... Obviously this doesn't give me any time to actually scout, or anything like that. So I decided I'd look into paying for one. Did some research tonight and emailed several places that look decent. Will talk to them all this week. Little late to be planning this, but hopefully I'll find something that works out.

The only thing I'm looking for is fair chase, and a decent chance at a hog. Not looking for trophy or anything like that.

Anyone have any suggestions on who to contact? I'll keep this process up to date. Maybe somebody else can use this information in the future...

-Jake
Old 12-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Spike

May not be much fair chase involved on some of those pay to hunt places as a lot of them have lots fenced to hold the pigs and it's pretty much a sure thing to get one. I have friends who got me access to private ground with no fences where I've taken some from tree stands and with dogs. It's a good time for sure, and no license required! I always try work a hog hunt in when I'm gator hunting but the times clash since you can only hunt the gators mostly at night. Gets tiring being on the water all night and then trying to stay awake in the stand at daylight. Few years ago, we got a 10' gator and 2 hogs within 2 days. All DIY gator hunt on public water and the hogs were on private.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Ya, most places I've talked to seem to have fences..
-Jake
Old 12-22-2016, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

I would try Chappy's near Okeechobee. They sit you on a stand early morning, and if things don't work out, they'll bring the dogs out.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'll give Chappys a call. Thanks!
-Jake
Old 12-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Spoke with Chappy's and have a hunt lined up. Sounds like if we don't get any while sitting they'll get the dogs and swamp buggy out and put a chase on them. Sounds like a good plan and not a bad price
-Jake