Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Bobcat/Coyote Trapping

Old 01-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bobcat/Coyote Trapping

What is the easiest way to trap these two critters? I started today by getting some doves and squirrels and making a bait pile for them. Would it work just like feeding deer or hogs and maybe they will pattern? Or should I eventually put a trap up?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

According to the Fla dove season information dove season closed on Jan 15. Since doves are federally and protected birds you may want to stop killing them. You should probably buy a book about trapping bobcats and hunting them. Coyotes are generally hunted by calling, bobcats will also come to a call and in my state, both may be hunted with dogs. Trapping can be effective for both if you know what you are doing. Making bait piles out of game animals will attract every scavenger within smelling distance.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with Oldtimr...sound advice.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

10 4. Of course I didn't harvest the doves last I posted... But gotcha.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:13 AM
Banned

here in idaho mourning doves have a season but them steenking eurasion doves can be shot anytime in any amount, so long as you are in possession of a hunting license.

both coyotes and bobies are fairly easy to trap once you learn the technique. I suggest you google how to make a hole set. there are lures ,to bait them with.
then you simply need to go where they are and put in the effort.

Last edited by kidoggy; 01-31-2016 at 04:17 AM.