Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Reducing Hog Population On Our Deer Lease >

Reducing Hog Population On Our Deer Lease

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Reducing Hog Population On Our Deer Lease

Old 12-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Reducing Hog Population On Our Deer Lease

Our deer lease is overrun with wild hogs. We do trap wild hogs there but that is not enough. Many of the hogs, especially the big boars, are trap shy. i have gone on a one person campaign to reduce the number of large boars on that lease.

Last week i killed a huge boar on the opposite of the creek with my .54 muzzleloder and patched round ball. Last evening i killed two big boars that were fighting over a sow on the opposite side of the creek. Both were killed with a .30-06 and 180 grain Core Lokt bullets. Those three hogs could not be retrieved because the creek was up. Hate to leave hogs lay but they have reached vermin status to the detriment of the deer.

This big boar was in a trap at the lease this morning. He was given to a family.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Those hogs must belong to the AHSH

Association for the Humane Spread of Hogs. I heard those hogs down Texas and Oklahoma bred like Jack Rabbits.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valentine
Association for the Humane Spread of Hogs. I heard those hogs down Texas and Oklahoma bred like Jack Rabbits.
That is more than true as one pair can be 100 in just a couple years the way they breed year around in most areas and can start breeding when about 6 months old!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have much going on and have a bunch of ammo loaded for my 9.3x62 Mauser. I'm willing to help with your hog problem and I wouldn't make such an offer to just anybody! LOL
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a great guy you are
Old 12-06-2014, 04:16 AM
car
Typical Buck

I too would be willing to help a fellow hunter out with this problem. Although this has been me worse year for harvesting game. My hunting season started with bow hunting in Wy Sept 1st, three trips to WV after bear/deer to hunting almost every day here in Ohio. I've taken two doe and one coyote. Came close in Wy on a nice 4x4 and very close on a nice bear in WV. I guess next year will be better lol.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
I too would be willing to help a fellow hunter out with this problem. Although this has been me worse year for harvesting game. My hunting season started with bow hunting in Wy Sept 1st, three trips to WV after bear/deer to hunting almost every day here in Ohio. I've taken two doe and one coyote. Came close in Wy on a nice 4x4 and very close on a nice bear in WV. I guess next year will be better lol.
And that's why they call it hunting old buddy!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
What a great guy you are
Yep. That's me. Not only am I a pillar of the community but I'm always willing to help those in need!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Reporting for duty!
Old 12-07-2014, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hogs have some fellas in business

They have military style semi-automatic rifles, night time scopes, and retainers from farmers. Why they've even gone to using expensive helicopters for well heeled hunters. Waiting to hear about the use of night time drones with remote directed fire. Hunter I guess would sit in front of a battlefield computer in a remote enclosed hunting stand.

Those hogs are something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.