Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

NE Oklahoma

Old 08-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Spike

Default NE Oklahoma

Anybody know any good public lands around skiatook lake, keystone lake or oolagah lake to hunt some pigs?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Spike

Any of the WMA's around keystone or skiatook are gonna hold some hogs, not sure about Oolagah, never hunted there. Gun or bow hunting any of those is going to be tough going. I hog hunt with dogs and those places are run pretty heavy so the hogs know the game and are mostly nocturnal. Heyburn probably holds the most hogs around that area but same as above they are heavily pressured and fairly elusive. Cherokee and Gruber also holds a good number of hogs, but once again are heavily dogged. Honestly, without a solid pack of dogs to hunt behind, I believe public land hunting in NE OK is going to be a pretty tough road to hoe.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Spike

I heard from some of the Nowata county deputies that there are a bunch of hogs on the WMA just east of Nowata.