Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Outfitter

Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hog Outfitter

I just wanted to ask anyone if they have ever been to Moore's Hilltop Ranch in Bridgeport, TX. We have been on 2 hog hunts in Oklahoma at "Outfitters" and saw 1 hog. We have done a lot of research each time and even had references both times before and got burned. We even were just flat out lied to. We were offered a partial refund the last time but time was still wasted time we could have been elsewhere. Anyways if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this place please let me know. It would be appriciated.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never heard of it, but be aware that hogs are not an easy animal to see or take even when there are a ton of them. They are about the smartest animal there is and if they've been hunted much and have gone completely nocturnal about the only way to see and hunt them is during the night with spolights at a feeder. Of all the ones I shot down in Texas I can't remember any that were out more than about 15 minutes before dark or just as it was getting light in the AM when they were heading to bedding areas for the daylight hours.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-14-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Never heard of it, but be aware that hogs are not an easy animal to see or take even when there are a ton of them. They are about the smartest animal there is and if they've been hunted much and have gone completely nocturnal about the only way to see and hunt them is during the night with spolights at a feeder. Of all the ones I shot down in Texas I can't remember any that were out more than about 15 minutes before dark or just as it was getting light in the AM when they were heading to bedding areas for the daylight hours.
X2 I agree you cant underestimate hogs. I would ask the guys if they have lights on the feeders or if they can at least put them up a week befor you get there so the hogs are use to it. Im shure they probly already do but id double tap that.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

One thing for sure, is to not fall for that advertisement for a free hog hunt that is always up on this website. They were shut down by the Texas AG for false advertising and evidently changed their ownership around to keep on operating. I have asked the site to get rid of them with no success, unlike another website that dropped them like a hot potato when I notified the onwer of the site.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Spike

Never been there, guys, but a place I highly recommend is Hunters Creek Ranch just outside Mt. Vernon east of Dallas. I just got back and shot 4 hogs in less than 2 days, including a couple of nice ones. I had a similar experience, hunted at 2 other ranches on different occasions and came away with 1 small hog between the 2 of them. Hunters Creek will see to it that you get at least a shot at some hogs. But like the other guys said, it's not easy. Make sure you can shoot accurately, be very conscious of wind direction, and be really, really quiet. Hogs will spook at the drop of a hat. If you want more info, send me a message and I'll be happy to answer as best I can.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by tomsbass
Never been there, guys, but a place I highly recommend is Hunters Creek Ranch just outside Mt. Vernon east of Dallas. I just got back and shot 4 hogs in less than 2 days, including a couple of nice ones. I had a similar experience, hunted at 2 other ranches on different occasions and came away with 1 small hog between the 2 of them. Hunters Creek will see to it that you get at least a shot at some hogs. But like the other guys said, it's not easy. Make sure you can shoot accurately, be very conscious of wind direction, and be really, really quiet. Hogs will spook at the drop of a hat. If you want more info, send me a message and I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

That's the best way to find a place to hunt; Thanks for the feedback these forums are great for that!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Spike

I hunt a lot of hogs in Texas and these are my favs to go to:

Bexar County Bow Hunts (Bow only) - lodging is top notch & has great exotic packages - going on a turkey hunt there soon too

KJO (Keith John Outdoors) - bow only - lodging is pretty good, Keith is an awesome guy, great exotic packages too

Bug Scuffle (havent been yet but have heard a lot of good stuff on some of the Texas bowhunting websites) - bow only, no mechanicals if that matters to you

Hugelland Ranch - Bow only I think...we only hunted with bow so i never asked...lodging is very rustic! - Zane is an amazing guy too
Old 04-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Spike

I live in Bridgeport but I'd be lying if I said I have ever heard of the place. Plenty of wild boar though, I doubt seeing them will be an issue. Their website says Springtown Texas which is probably 30-45 minutes south of Bridgeport. If you come through Bridgeport, go to the Brookshires there and buy stuff

Last edited by fishreaper; 04-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Spike

Default Waste of time and money!

Don't bother with Moore's Hilltop Ranch, they are a rip off. My brother and I went to their Balsora Ranch property for a 12 hour turkey and unlimited hog hunt. We saw one hen that came to a feeder from the adjoining property. That was the only game that we saw, of the 600 or so acres that we had to hunt on 80% of it was wheat fields, which is not a habitat for hogs or turkey. All of the feeders were placed on the perimeters to draw wildlife from other properties, the animals that come to feed there simply cross to feed and then go back across the fence into the woods. They offer deer hunts but I can't imagine how that would work out as I'm sure most deer that aren't immediately dropped would jump the fence before dying and then you would be trespassing unless you received permission from the landowner to retrieve it.

Besides the one hen we saw some turkey tracks but there was no sign of hogs at all. There was one other hunting party there as well who were also hunting turkey and hogs, they saw less then we did, no tracks or game. They stated that they would not be returning to Moore's Hilltop Ranch for any more hunts.

The manager of the ranch that we contacted for the hunt and then met up with on the property was extremely rude and had a never ending list of rules for us to follow, the agreement I had to print out and sign must have been 15 pages long. I had to edit the font to make it smaller and I cut of a bunch of it before printing because it only applied to deer hunting....there was still 5 or more pages that I printed.

During the last three hours of our hunt I was sitting in a ladder stand hoping to see a turkey.....I heard the rumbling of a truck and then I turned to see the ranch manager driving through the field in his yellow low rider truck equipped with glass pack mufflers across from my stand, he was only about 50 yrds away. He was apparently just checking to see if we were still on the property, in doing so he also scared away any potential game that would have came to the feeder at sundown.

Was a big waste of time and money. We basically paid $175.00 a piece to sleep in a barn.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another disgruntled first time poster on the site just to bring up a thread that is over two years old!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.