Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

What's good hog bait

Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Spike

Default What's good hog bait

Going to try to lure hogs on my property to a certain area. The area is about 100 yards from a small shallow pond. No wallows. But hogs have been walking through

Do they like stinky bait. Or fruity good smelling stuff.

Heard corn in a shallow hole with koolaid over it.

An I've heard corn soaking in beer for a few days in sunlight. Then poured out. Which is better. Stinky or fruity smell.

Deer are also in the area. Don't wanna stink em away with ba smelling corn lmao.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hogs are not exactly discriminating in what they'll eat. They'll eat stinky corn, sweet candy corn, corn with diesel (this is done to repel raccoons and deer). Once you get them used to feeding in an area, just switch to plain corn. You don't need anything complicated.

Baiting a hole with corn and kool-aid or jello powder works great especially if you add some peanut butter to the mix! Also, look inot building a pig pipe-there's lots of instructions on the internet. Works great and is portable.

Other bait stuff to use in addition to corn:
-spoiled fruits from grocery store (you may need to get permission to raid their dumpsters)
-old bread, pastries & doughnuts
-dry cat/dog food

-AND if you by chance have acces to dregs & culls from a nut processing facility....GET IT.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

First Brandon, find out if baiting is legal.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Spike

It is. I'll try straw berry jello mix in my corn. I'll dig a 3 foot hole with post hole diggers so they'll have to dig to get it.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Spike

Yeah, Joe is spot on. I've mixed it all together. I fill a 5gal bucket with corn, pour strawberry jello and beer over it. I put fresh corn in my feeder then pour the mixture over top. Now if the hog traffic gets too high, they will drive your deer out of the area.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Corn sprinkled with strawberry jello. Caught these last night:

Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BrandonByrge
Going to try to lure hogs on my property to a certain area. The area is about 100 yards from a small shallow pond. No wallows. But hogs have been walking through

Do they like stinky bait. Or fruity good smelling stuff.

Heard corn in a shallow hole with koolaid over it.

An I've heard corn soaking in beer for a few days in sunlight. Then poured out. Which is better. Stinky or fruity smell.

Deer are also in the area. Don't wanna stink em away with ba smelling corn lmao.
corn soaking in beer for a few days is an amazing bait but add fresh apples or mangos to the mix for a rich strong smell and possibly let it set in the heat for bout a week all depending on you,good luck..... cory
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

everything posted sounds good..i use corn with koolaid and diesel(only if its hot i use diesel, the hogs like to roll in it to get ticks and stuff off....also why they rub on electric poles that are covered in oil.) if ya use a malt liquor on yer corn and let it sit fer a week er so in the sun....wooooo weeeeeeeee it stinks, and they love it...easy to kill drunk hogs lol
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hot Damn Falcom!!!!! Did you use a ram to get all those hogs in that pen?!?!??! LMAO!!!! Good going!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Hot Damn Falcom!!!!! Did you use a ram to get all those hogs in that pen?!?!??! LMAO!!!! Good going!!!!
^ lol, What he said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.