Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Dis-Honest Outfitters

Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Tell me about that guy. He buys wild hogs, tame hogs, show pigs that did not make the grade and turns them out in his enclosure: Some of them get out. i own property near that hog "ranch": The entire area is over-run with hogs. They are having an adverse effect on the deer population there.
The area is around 100-150 acres that has multiple stands inside. If they were located on a topo map would more or less show that they are firing within a very dangerous closeness to the other blinds. Lord forbid if someone were out of the blind walking around.
I saw video of the place and he has these cabins/converted cargo containers just across the draw for the "Hunting area" pasture. It appears to be no more than 3-400 yds wide and can't see the top of it.
He has the new hogs in pens at his house to be released the next morning for the hunt. Keeps a huge hog for photo purposes that he feeds bisquits from the familys evening supper!!!!!
According to his website now, he now has exotic rams to be "Hunted" as well. Save the taxid. the holes in the hide, just take a hammer and 5gal bucket with a bit of corn and there you go!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

QUOTE]
He has the new hogs in pens at his house to be released the next morning for the hunt. Keeps a huge hog for photo purposes that he feeds bisquits from the familys evening supper!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

The guy is a scam artist. He claims to have 9,000 acres leased for free range hunting. Maybe he got tired of stocking the great outdoors with hogs.

http://allabouturanch.com/page/hog-hunting

We offer two types of Hog Hunts at All About U Ranch & Outfitters. Your choice of either free ranging hunts done on about 9,000 acres around Pauls valley or hunts done within our Hog Hunting Preserve.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Spike

I called PH Farms a while back with a few questions and the first answer was their "preserve" was 20 acres not 100 and he couldnt tell me how many pigs were in there. We elected to try an "outfitter" in texas. When we got there it was a "preserve" with, like previously stated, show pigs that didnt make the grade. I have shot numerous hogs in the wild with gun and bow and these "preserves" are a joke. If a human is catching up to a hog on foot it is not a wild hog. I miss my lease on the Red River, it was covered up with pigs.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry for your wasted time and money, but..........

You are not HUNTING........you are KILLING! Big difference.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto that last post! I've hunted free range hogs on low fence ranches in both the hill and brush country of Texas many times and it's more challenging than hunting whitetails. Put them in a small enclosure with feeders and it isn't hunting, just killing/shooting! Too bad some people say the're hunters/hunting when they go to places like that and I won't shed a tear if people get scammed by that type of outfit.