Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Lever Revolution bullet 30/30 >

Lever Revolution bullet 30/30

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Lever Revolution bullet 30/30

Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lever Revolution bullet 30/30

Has anyone here tried these. I would like to know about performance on game not accuracy.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Spike

We use them in my girlfriends rifle and have taken two deer with it one at 85 yes and one at 150 yds... put bot down in their tracks
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

use them mainly on hogs, have had nothing but good success with them, have taken a couple of hogs over 250 pounds, they are deviststing on the inside of hogs
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Spike

thats the going rate?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Spike

Have taken close to 100 hogs with this round. Shooting it out of a Marlin 336c in .30-30. Hornady doesn't make the round in the Superformance version, but they have recently started manufacturing the Monoflex round which retains over 95% of it's mass and shears away in a flower pattern like a Barnes bullet. This is a great improvement over the older round which had a straight led core and while it does perfom great, did still fragment upon impacting certain substances, IE: Bone. My problem is I need to burn through the 6 boxes of the oler FTX rounds before I can go buy some of the newer Monoflex ones. Also though, the Monoflex rounds are $15.00 more expensive per box.

The LeverEvo's perfrom EXTREMELY well on hogs!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Used one on a big male Javelina last month. At 90 yards it hit where it was supposed to and tore a hole in in him going in and out. He went about three feet and fell over.