Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Michigan Hogs

Old 02-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Spike

Default Michigan Hogs

Has anyone personal seen or know the best area/ county in michigan to find ferral hogs to shot?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

No, but I have plenty in Northeast Texas. I'll trade, for up to 4 hunters, bow hunting only no limit hogs for Mich. deer hunting. I have 4 elevated stands that are lighted and baited. I have a nice small no frills cabin that has 4 bunks, cook stove, heater and elec. generator. No running water or toilet. I you are interested let me know. Good hunting Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Spike

Hogs are not too established in Michigan yet. Here is some info on feral swine in Michigan, they can be shot onsite at any time of the year. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...230---,00.html

Here is a map of where they have spotted and killed in Michigan.
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...p_324708_7.pdf

Your best bet if you really want a hog is to go to a game ranch in Michigan that has them. That is how we have some wild ones now running around.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Spike

I'm aware of the fact thats there's not at lot of feral hogs but would like to fair chase not a waste of money ranch that can't contain them. If i want to shoot a pig in a cage i will goto my neighbors and buy one of his feed hogs and shoot it. For some reason it's not quite the same.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Spike

Contact the DNR and ask them where the hogs are. Or find out where the game ranches are and then go ask the locals farmers if you can hunt on their land.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Spike

I know the majority of the sights are the county north of us but not sure on the exact area in the county. DNR only says there have sights but for what ever reason won't give me exact loctions but they still want them removed. Government for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Spike

There is a website I found once that helps put hunters in touch with farmers to hunt their land. I'll dig around and see if I can find it again. You can ask farmers in that county if they have seen any hogs.

The county you want to hunt might have a conservation district. Someone there might be able to put you in touch who know were the hogs are.

And one last thing you might try is contact Eric Sharp who writes for the Detriot Free Press. He recenty wrote an artical about feral hogs in Michigan.
http://www.freep.com/article/2011020...doors-tip-week

He might have some info to help locate feral hogs.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Spike

I found the info on hunter lease agreements on Michigan Farm Bureau
http://www.michfb.com/ecology/hunting

YOu can contact the area representative and they might be able to help you out.

Happy hog hunting!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Spike

Thanks man i will follow up on both of those