Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Ohio Hogs

Old 12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default Ohio Hogs

I am from Ohio and there are supposed to be wild hogs in the southern part of the state. I have down loaded maps from MyHuntingLands.com and scouted several of the counties that have public land and phantom hogs. Can anyone tell me where in Ohio there are really wild hogs that are not on a game farm. Maps are good but some real help would be better.
Thanks,
Deernailer
Old 12-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deernailer
I am from Ohio and there are supposed to be wild hogs in the southern part of the state. I have down loaded maps from MyHuntingLands.com and scouted several of the counties that have public land and phantom hogs. Can anyone tell me where in Ohio there are really wild hogs that are not on a game farm. Maps are good but some real help would be better.
Thanks,
Deernailer
vinton county around zalaski from what I hear and last year there was one killed south of nelsonville and down in lawrence county there has been some killed there also but I have never seen one or seen where theyve been
Old 12-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Spike

Kieth,
Thanks for the help. For being so destructive and fairly large, they are hard to find. Seems like any farmer with hogs would be begging for help to get rid of them. I let you know if I find any.
Bill
Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Spike

Have you had any luck finding any hogs in Ohio? I have land in northern Belmont but no hogs on it.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Spike

the hogs are very few and far between here in ohio so thats a good thing ive also heard of them being in the hocking hills st park area